Not open for further replies.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 52
Trusted
OS
Linux Mint
Antivirus
Default-Deny
I'm not talking about you Bora, but my initial post was asking a spacific question concerning
My FireCuda's and Ccleaner. It has taken on a life of it's own now. Can i mark it as solved
somehow or something ? Thanks brother.

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Microsoft
Security is not an issue with SSDs. As noted above, if you are concerned about security, SSDs are easy to encrypt without any significant decrease in performance.

And when you delete a file on a SSDs, it really is deleted, unlike a HD where the location is just marked as available. So in reality, you don't even have to worry about running secure erase if getting rid of the SSD. All you really have to do is make sure you delete every file. And you can do that easily in one step with Secure Erase.

Running a wipe program does no good on a SSD, as noted way back in Post #3. Because wiping a SSD is not effective, that may be where the confusion over security came from for those not familiar with how a SSD stores (and deletes) files.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 52
Trusted
OS
Linux Mint
Antivirus
Default-Deny
Security is not an issue with SSDs. As noted above, if you are concerned about security, SSDs are easy to encrypt without any significant decrease in performance.

And when you delete a file on a SSDs, it really is deleted, unlike a HD where the location is just marked as available. So in reality, you don't even have to worry about running secure erase if getting rid of the SSD. All you really have to do is make sure you delete every file. And you can do that easily in one step with Secure Erase.

Running a wipe program does no good on a SSD, as noted way back in Post #3. Because wiping a SSD is not effective, that may be where the confusion over security came from for those not familiar with how a SSD stores (and deletes) files.
OMFG dude, I was trying to be polite, now I will be blunt, This thread was a question for help With SSHD's & Ccleaner, Firecuda & Ccleaner to be exact, and nothing more, it traveled way off topic.
Thanks for your input, but my initial question was answered by BoraMurdar & SHvFI, have a nice day.

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Microsoft
Jeesh! Chill dude! Okay, you're the OP, it is your thread and I respect that. But I was not talking with myself!

You got your answers and that's great and the most important point. But you and others raised several interesting questions in this thread. And several here were still discussing those issues (that were still related to SSDs and SSD cleaning, BTW) raised during the discussion.

What's the harm in perusing those lines? They didn't interfere with you getting your answers - you already had them! I don't believe anyone was forcing you to keep reading! There was still some good information being exchanged by several people. Why stifle the learning process? Isn't that why we are all here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot your password?