Starchild - new laptop config

S

starchild76

Thread author
I have bought a new laptop a few weeks ago ( Packard Bell Easynote TE69KB ) which I got on a nice deal :) and this is my current setup , added a screenshot to this post with the laptops specs!

Attachments

• LAPTOP SPECS.jpg
    LAPTOP SPECS.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 493
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
why and how is bullguard? what is your EMET v4 setup?

S

starchild76

Thread author
I got bullguard on a nice deal 40 euro's for three years , before that I had a trail version installed and it suits me nicely :) does not put a drag on the system , got good performance and got good blocking results , the webblocker is excellent! emet is set on max :)

S

starchild76

Thread author
sorry for the late reply umbra , to answer your question : yes.... all the checkmarks are on green in emet.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Nice Config!! Thanks for posting :)

I think Emet it´s not compatible yet with 8.1 pro

EMET 4.0 is not but EMET 4.1 is.

Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit 4.1

Version:4.1
Date Published:12/2/2013

Download; http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=41138

System Requirements

Supported Operating System
Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Vista Service Pack 1, Windows XP Service Pack 3
EMET 4.1 supports the following operating systems and service pack levels:

Client Operating Systems
• Windows XP service pack 3 and above
• Windows Vista service pack 1 and above
• Windows 7 all service packs
• Windows 8
Windows 8.1

Last edited:

cptredsox

Level 1
Verified
Nov 4, 2012
what about its firewall? has it got hips like outpost pro firewall alone? if yes its nice because hips and bb together rocks :)

S

starchild76

Thread author
removed bullguard internet security ( although the license is still valid for a little less than three years ).
added : windows defender , windows firewall

S

starchild76

Thread author
because it started to lag my internet connection , huge ram usage and I do not like that when that happens.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.