Startup Sentinel - Fast & Secure Startup

Kyle_Katarn

From KC Softwares
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Dear all,

After SUMo, KCleaner and Zer0, i'm coming with a brand new free security-related software called Startup Sentinel (SuS)

Startup Sentinel (a.k.a. SuS) makes your PC startup faster and more secure by giving you full control on loaded software. Every single program added to your startup sequence is detected on the fly and can be approved, rejection or blacklisted (for further automatic rejection by SuS)

Screenshot :
SuS_screen_s.png

Web page : http://kcsoftwares.com/?sus
Change Log / Bug report : http://kcsoftwares.com/bugs

Kyle_Katarn

From KC Softwares
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Startup Sentinel - 1.3 (Released 2014-08-19)
============================================

http://www.kcsoftwares.com

- 0002266: [New Feature] SuS shall be raised on top of other windows upon new detection (Kyle_Katarn) - resolved.
- 0002040: [New Feature] More advanced "popup" with relevant action (accept, ban...) (Kyle_Katarn) - resolved.
- 0002588: [Refactoring] List shall be refreshed when settings are saved (Kyle_Katarn) - resolved.

Kyle_Katarn

From KC Softwares
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Ok, no problem. I made the disclaimer on my download page in that intent (user awareness)

Blacklist is 100% user defined, with no limitation (except for SuS itselft for obvious reason :) )

Kyle_Katarn

From KC Softwares
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Startup Sentinel - 1.5 (Released 2015-06-07)

- 0002101: [New Feature] Export to text/csv file (Kyle_Katarn) - resolved.
- 0002873: [New Feature] Shortcuts for all menu items (Kyle_Katarn) - resolved.
- 0002268: [New Feature] Indication of failed removal (Kyle_Katarn) - resolved.

Reactions: Cortex

Kyle_Katarn

From KC Softwares
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Startup Sentinel - 1.6 (Released 2015-08-09)

- 0003034: [New Feature] it shall be possible to "google search" for a given item (Kyle_Katarn) - resolved.
- 0003043: [New Feature] Right click menu (with WL, BL, Remove,....) (Kyle_Katarn) - resolved.

Reactions: Oxygen

Kyle_Katarn

From KC Softwares
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Startup Sentinel - 1.6.1 (Released 2015-10-26)
==============================================

KC Softwares

- 0003075: [New Feature] Shall log if "portable" version is used (Kyle_Katarn) - resolved.
- 0003212: [Bug] Typo in logs (Kyle_Katarn) - resolved.

Kyle_Katarn

From KC Softwares
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Startup Sentinel - 1.6.3 (Released 2015-12-21)

KC Softwares

- 0003327: [Bug] Erorr message when trying to put the program in autostart with insufficient privilege (Kyle_Katarn) - resolved.
- 0002929: [Bug] Error while saving settings (Kyle_Katarn) - resolved.
- 0003322: [New Feature] "List editor" shall indicate black / white in title bar (user awareness) (Kyle_Katarn) - resolved.
- 0003313: [Refactoring] Upgrade of internal JEDI Libraries (Kyle_Katarn) - resolved.

Kyle_Katarn

From KC Softwares
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Startup Sentinel - 1.6.4 (Released 2016-05-11)

KC Softwares

- 0003751: [Bug] Unable to untick "load at startup" if set in HKLM and SuS not launched as admin (Kyle_Katarn) - resolved.
- 0003764: [Bug] In Settings, if HKCU/Run set, it is not removed if unchecked from admin mode (Kyle_Katarn) - resolved.

Mr.NoName

Level 4
Verified
Feb 5, 2016
Dear all,

After SUMo, KCleaner and Zer0, i'm coming with a brand new free security-related software called Startup Sentinel (SuS)

Startup Sentinel (a.k.a. SuS) makes your PC startup faster and more secure by giving you full control on loaded software. Every single program added to your startup sequence is detected on the fly and can be approved, rejection or blacklisted (for further automatic rejection by SuS)

Screenshot :
SuS_screen_s.png

Web page : KC Softwares
Change Log / Bug report : My View - MantisBT
what is the more different than CCleaner or Iobit or some of the tools that are out there for Security your "" PC Start UP"" i think that this is the another not that secure program "Program for secure startup or something like this one "..........
if the program have something else that startup monitor or its is on start check excuse me for my words..

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
what is the more different than CCleaner or Iobit or some of the tools that are out there for Security your "" PC Start UP"" i think that this is the another not that secure program "Program for secure startup or something like this one "..........
if the program have something else that startup monitor or its is on start check excuse me for my words..
It's live monitoring of when apps try to get added in startup. When they do you get a msg to whitelist or blacklist them.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.