Status of AppGuard Personal

Lockdown

From AppGuard
Developer
I just received updated infos regarding AppGuard Personal sales and licenses. The information provided below can change at any time.
  • AppGuard Personal has not been officially discontinued
  • AppGuard Personal sales via the appguard.us website have been suspended
  • The suspension of AppGuard Personal sales is for the foreseeable future
  • Existing AppGuard Personal license subscribers can renew their license for the forseeable future
Users that have any questions regarding their AppGuard Personal product or license should direct those questions to appguard@blueridge.com

Last edited:

SHvFl

Level 32
Content Creator
Trusted
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Emsisoft
Good news. I assume the price is the same as when they bought or else they would have announced a change in price plus it wouldn't have made sense with the business version in such a close price.

Lockdown

From AppGuard
Developer
Good news. I assume the price is the same as when they bought or else they would have announced a change in price plus it wouldn't have made sense with the business version in such a close price.
I would assume the price will remain the same, but things can change.

The purpose of the sales suspension was to devote maximum company resources possible to the Enterprise sector at this time. That's the simple reason.

Last edited:

SHvFl

Level 32
Content Creator
Trusted
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Emsisoft
Yeah, but on 5.xxx personal, all they had to do is leave the webpage up and let people order. As Judge Judy used to say. " If it doesn't make sense it probably isn't true"
They don't want new customer because new customers will in most cases need more support. So by allowing renewals you keep the revenue you currently have with the least amount of human recourses spend. The new expansion and being hard to hire proper support with such a short notice means you have to allocate your staff in the best possible place to earn money which for them is business market.

Lockdown

From AppGuard
Developer
Yeah, but on 5.xxx personal, all they had to do is leave the webpage up and let people order. As Judge Judy used to say. " If it doesn't make sense it probably isn't true"
The executives probably considered other factors and they certainly are not going to justify their decisions to security forum members. It's sounds horrible, but that is how executive boards work. Because, at the end of the day, sound reasoning and explanations do not prevail. It is the rabble, mob mentality - with its never-ending dissatisfaction and acrimonious discord - that, at least on the security forums, prevails.

The reality of it, no matter what explanation is proffered, it will be unacceptable or found lacking in one way or another.

Same thing happened on the forums when Emsisoft decided to cut EIS.

Last edited:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 52
Trusted
OS
Linux Mint
Antivirus
Default-Deny
They don't want new customer because new customers will in most cases need more support. So by allowing renewals you keep the revenue you currently have with the least amount of human recourses spend. The new expansion and being hard to hire proper support with such a short notice means you have to allocate your staff in the best possible place to earn money which for them is business market.
This is a little closer to the mark I would bet, well put @SHvFl
@Lockdown Hi Jeff :)

Lockdown

From AppGuard
Developer
You cannot make money by simply making a security soft available on a webpage. There are those that try and eventually fail. To make money, it takes a whole lot more than making a soft available for purchase on a website.

The decision is common sense. It is about resource allocation and the reality of day-to-day business operations and what is required to fulfill contractual obligations.

All security soft firms are businesses. Businesses are in the business of making money - a fact that is fundamental to any business. Money has to come first. Otherwise, there is no money for the business to continue on.

Last edited:

petok

Level 1
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Emsisoft
What is difference with this versions AppGuardSetup-4-4-6-1.exe and AppGuardSetup_4_4_7_5.exe ???

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Malwarebytes
I just received updated infos regarding AppGuard Personal sales and licenses. The information provided below can change at any time.
  • AppGuard Personal has not been officially discontinued
  • AppGuard Personal sales via the appguard.us website have been suspended
  • The suspension of AppGuard Personal sales is for the foreseeable future
  • Existing AppGuard Personal license subscribers can renew their license for the forseeable future
Users that have any questions regarding their AppGuard Personal product or license should direct those questions to appguard@blueridge.com
We all know what forseeable future means when it comes to Appguard.(n)

davisd

Level 12
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Emsisoft
I don't really understand a word "forseeable", that doesn't mean they are going to discontinue AppGuard Personal? Or are they preparing for some updates, and because of that, suspending sales temporaly to not get more support requests from new individual customers?

Lockdown

From AppGuard
Developer
I don't really understand a word "forseeable", that doesn't mean they are going to discontinue AppGuard Personal? Or are they preparing for some updates, and because of that, suspending sales temporaly to not get more support requests from new individual customers?
Forseeable, in this case, means Personal license sales have been suspended until such time that the company decides to resume sales.

The details are in the original post:

The reason for the sales suspension is here:

and here:

Slyguy

Level 31
OS
Other OS
"AppGuard Personal has not been officially discontinued"

I've been an executive. I've worked at firms small and large. This essentially means it's dead. They're giving it the soft-kill treatment.. That is 'Let's not kill it outright, but let's make it die.'.

It doesn't matter to me, I haven't used it since the first versions nor will I ever use it for my own reasons. (cough, VA)