Status of AppGuard Personal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread author
What's the point? I don't see any logical reason as to why they would do that. :)
But you've been an executive, so maybe there's really a point, which I just don't understand right now. :D

As I understand Blue Planet-works decision, they're still open to the development of AppGuard Personal, but not right now. So, it's not automatically a dead-end, but an open-ended decision. The company may or may not continue AppGuard Personal, depending on the circumstances in the future. :)

Development of AppGuard consumer is ongoing - of which there are multiple versions. Of the multiple versions, one is AppGuard Personal.

The only thing that is suspended are sales of a single version - AppGuard Personal; AppGuard Personal has not been discontinued.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
There is a reseller offering AppGuard Personal for 50% discount (like AppGuard themselves used to give, but only if you asked for it)
Personal/Small Business – Granite Appguard
Official AppGuard support is available for the product.
The graniteappguard people say that the license can be renewed in 2018 and beyond.
Thanks goes to @Lockdown for finding this one.

I guess the remaining question would be further development of the product. But assuming that AppGuard personal is the same as AppGuard business, minus a feature or two, it really should be a no-brainer to push out new versions of AppGuard personal.

D

Deleted member 65228

Thread author
it really should be a no-brainer to push out new versions of AppGuard personal.
What's the point? I don't see any logical reason as to why they would do that
I think the reasoning is because they want to focus entirely on Business customers right now, and not on Home users. This would mean putting all their resources (or as much as possible) into that focus. There could be a number of reasons why, my guess is as good as yours; maybe related to funds not going as expected or people purchasing the Home consumer version instead of the Business version (despite being a Business) (all just a speculated guess).

I think that in the coming future (long-term not short-term from now) they might start selling the Home consumer version again to people, depending on the reasoning for why they stopped. If it was because they want as much focus for Business customers, then by keeping the Home version available for purchase right now, they open the door to more people who will require support (thus more resources/time goes into those Home customers instead).

Apologies if this was a bad estimation. I don't work for AppGuard and thus this is all speculation, none of it is verified to be true.

Reactions: frogboy and XhenEd

paulderdash

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
For those Win 10 FCU users that are having an issue installing KB4041994
There is a reseller offering AppGuard Personal for 50% discount (like AppGuard themselves used to give, but only if you asked for it)
The graniteappguard people say that the license can be renewed in 2018 and beyond.

I guess the remaining question would be further development of the product. But assuming that AppGuard personal is the same as AppGuard business, minus a feature or two, it really should be a no-brainer to push out new versions of AppGuard personal.
Interesting. If this lead came from @Lockdown I guess it must be OK / legit.

Btw I still have the question: can one copy the .xml settings from v4.4.6.1 to what is presumably v5 here.

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
For those Win 10 FCU users that are having an issue installing KB4041994

Interesting. If this lead came from @Lockdown I guess it must be OK / legit.

Btw I still have the question: can one copy the .xml settings from v4.4.6.1 to what is presumably v5 here.
The link is from him, and the promises about support and renewal were by email from the official channels .

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015

I forgot to mention that they still have the 30 day refund policy.

Thread author
  • Officially, sales of Personal are suspended for the foreseeable future.
  • There is no guarantee that contractual arrangements with channel resellers will continue into the future; sales and support of Personal via any particular or all channel resellers can end at any time.
  • As far as new versions of Personal any time soon, I wouldn't hold your breath. I don't know what people are expecting from a new version but any new features will only be minor as the product is already providing the high security that a user needs.
  • The company is focused on Enterprise and Business versions and customers.
  • Whether or not Personal is being sold, the Professional (v. 4) and Personal (v. 5) versions still function.
  • The Personal (v. 5) version is not being discontinued.
  • The Professional (v. 4) version has been discontinued.
  • Discontinued does not necessarily mean non-functional nor less secure.
  • Suspended sales does not mean abandoned.
Don't speculate. The above are the facts.

Last edited by a moderator:

hamo

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2014
@Lockdown

Hi, need your opinion and advice.

If I have a clean windows install,
What is the best, install Appguard just after install windows or after install all my drivers and applications?

according the point of best security.
:unsure:

D

Deleted member 65228

Thread author
What is the best, install Appguard just after install windows or after install all my drivers and applications?
Install what is necessary as long as you are sure they are genuine and safe, from trusted sources only. Once you're all setup, install AppGuard and set it up according to your needs.

It is better to be prepared for a clean Windows installation so you can have everything handled immediately instead of leaving yourself unprotected while you decide what you will do.

Reactions: XhenEd and hamo

Thread author
@Lockdown

Hi, need your opinion and advice.

If I have a clean windows install,

according the point of best security.
:unsure:

1. Clean install Windows
2. Update Windows
3. Install drivers
4. Install desired software
5. Install AppGuard
6. Lockdown system

It is most convenient order.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
My subscription is ending in a few days time and I received an email from AppGuard
We wanted to give you a heads up that your AppGuard Personal (Annual) subscription is up for renewal on Oct 28, 2017. You will be charged USD 29.95.

We hope you stick around! If you do not want to renew AppGuard Personal (Annual), please follow the instructions below: ..........

Of course I'll keep it! :love:

Last edited:

cimmay

Level 2
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
There's a huge home market for AppGuard Personal, just need to dumb down the configuration pages or remove them. But if someone can kindly advise if it's good to use AppGuard Personal 4.4.6.1 along side Emsisoft Anti-Malware? Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: shmu26
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.