Advice Request Steady internet connection, DSL vs LTE

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
I have both DSL and also LTE. For LTE, I have a TD-LTE Outdoor modem or CPE. It's faster than my DSL. That's why I use it.
But in terms of steady connection, I read before somewhere that DSL offers a more stable and steady connection and so is better.

What's your knowledge about this? Thanks a lot.

Reactions: FireHammer

FireHammer

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 27, 2020
Hey, @amirr I don't know if my internet is LAN or DSL or what?, all I know is that I have a technicolor Modem, speed 300/50Mbps & Wi-Fi also and it is through the telephone cable or something, in the wall, can anyone answer me about what kind of internet I have? 😩 :rolleyes::coffee:

Sorry, I know now what kind of Internet I have, it is cable, sorry for asking about something you can find on the web.:censored::cautious:

Reactions: amirr

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Hey, @amirr I don't know if my internet is LAN or DSL or what?, all I know is that I have a technicolor Modem, speed 300/50Mbps & Wi-Fi also and it is through the telephone cable or something, in the wall, can anyone answer me about what kind of internet I have? 😩 :rolleyes::coffee:

Sorry, I know now what kind of Internet I have, it is cable, sorry for asking about something you can find on the web.:censored::cautious:

Minimalist

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2020
I have both DSL and also LTE. For LTE, I have a TD-LTE Outdoor modem or CPE. It's faster than my DSL. That's why I use it.
But in terms of steady connection, I read before somewhere that DSL offers a more stable and steady connection and so is better.

What's your knowledge about this? Thanks a lot.
If you have problem with LTE signal then DSL would be more stable indeed. It's best to test your mobile signal stability where you will actually use it.
In my experience LTE could sometimes drop, or it could even downgrade to 3G or lower, so I would definitely use wired connection in such situation.

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
If you have problem with LTE signal then DSL would be more stable indeed. It's best to test your mobile signal stability where you will actually use it.
In my experience LTE could sometimes drop, or it could even downgrade to 3G or lower, so I would definitely use wired connection in such situation.
So you have both DSL and also LTE for your desktop PC?

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Me too; I always use a wired connection for my PC, but I use LTE when my DSL is not okay. My LTE is wired as well.

Minimalist

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2020
Me too; I always use a wired connection for my PC, but I use LTE when my DSL is not okay. My LTE is wired as well.
Wired is probably connection between your computer and modem, but you get modem connected to internet through wireless LTE signal?

Reactions: amirr

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.