SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Hello to anyone that has a Steam account

I want to inform you of this Steam account scam that is going on right now. Many innocent Steam users fell into this scam got their account hijacked along with a lot of $ stolen, and everything is gone.

The scam begin when a user contacted you through discord, then the user said "I accidently reported your profile...........then he/she suggested you to contact this Steam admin on discord to fix this report or else your account will be delete." Then the user gave you this "Steam Admin" person discord name for you to contact. This fake Steam admin will scare you if you don't collaborate to fix this report or they will delete your account. This fake Steam admin then send you a gif or a video show the fake Steam admin control panel like the one below.

DO NOT FELL INTO THIS TRAP. Steam support will never contact unless you contact them first, and it will done through Steam support ticket system.
OyzRmSO.gif

F

ForgottenSeer 67480

I know this type of scam. A scammer is trying to playing around with you to make you believe in his lies about your "FALSE Pending ban", so you can give your account to him for free. Besides: Scammer is very easy to defeat if you'll threat him with very tough words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.