steam.dll

Jflickz

Thread author
Mar 7, 2019
Lately I have trouble with fixing an issue. Everytime I start up my pc My G-data antivirus says that i have a virus called steam.dll. When i look in the Quarantine folder I see that the virus description is Gen:Variant.ursu. I also see that the file comes from a temp folder. So i tried deleting it cuz i read that you are fine to do that. But it didn't help it keeps saying that. I don't even know if it is really a virus because i have no trouble at all with anything else besides my antivirus freaking out every 20 minutes.

Jflickz

Thread author
Mar 7, 2019
Hey ,
It keeps popping up and i can't delete or set it back.
it pops up trough game screens and everything.
I just want it gone but don't know how.
pls help

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Just go and delete it manually at the location where it is. Bitdefender should tell you that when it makes a detection.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.