strumdrum's config

strumdrum

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
This is my current setup. I work from home and use this computer at least 8 hours/day. The computer technically belongs to my employer so I try to use portable programs whenever possible. This is true of almost all of my on-demand scanners. I use MSE because it's what my employer wants me to use...and actually I really like it. I've heard it hasn't got the best detection rates but I haven't had any problems with it and it stays out of the way. I use it on my personal PC as well.

Any suggestions?

I

illumination

Does not look bad, since this is a work scenario, will not suggest anything more then enabling the UAC "very important part of protection for your system".

Reactions: Exterminator

strumdrum

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Thanks for the suggestion. I've always seen UAC as a nuisance. Turning it off has been worth the risk for me. But after looking around at everyone's configs it looks like I'm alone in that view. I should probably go ahead and turn it back on. Thanks.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Does not look bad, since this is a work scenario, will not suggest anything more then enabling the UAC "very important part of protection for your system".
I have to agree with this.I have mine set to always notify.Its really not that bad once you get used to it but its definitely worth the small inconvenience. Thanks for sharing your Config :)

D

Deleted member 178

clicking on UAC prompt is just a click among thousand you do a day ^^

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.