Troubleshoot Stubborn Malware

BlueFox

Thread author
Mar 18, 2017
I downloaded a customization app from Google play and I was then infected with this pesky redirect virus. I've created cache, cleared chrome settings as well aso running Zemana. It tells me I have no infections but I continue to be plagued by this homepage redirect. I have no other sympomsymptoms, this is the only one.

I would appreciate any and all assistance!

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
It seems an adware..annoying enough, try with MalwareBytes for Android that performs very thorough scans.
Plus uninstall and reinstall Chrome.

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
I downloaded a customization app from Google play and I was then infected with this pesky redirect virus. I've created cache, cleared chrome settings as well aso running Zemana. It tells me I have no infections but I continue to be plagued by this homepage redirect. I have no other sympomsymptoms, this is the only one.

I would appreciate any and all assistance!
Download
Cm security Setting heuristics to high scan ;)

After it Uninstall Cm security Download Avira scan and you should be fine ;)

BlueFox

Thread author
Mar 18, 2017
Neither has worked :( Both claimed I have no infections but the page still insists upon opening everytime I open chrome.

BlueFox

Thread author
Mar 18, 2017
Okay seems to have been resolved now! Uninstalling chrome fixed it. But yes, all scans said no infections. I forgot about reinstalling chrome.

All is well now, thank you all very much for your help, it is truly appreciated :)

For anyone else who might experience my problem, the site popped up every time even if I closed all tabs of my chrome before restarting the browser.

YoMero

Apr 22, 2017
Hi,

Can you please help me, I own a galaxy s5 and got a malware, I keep getting redirect on any browser, opera, adblock plus, Samsung default, foxtor, anything.
Plus I get redirect right inside flipboard and tuiter.
I search an app, nothing is there.
I already try avira, eset, Norton, malwarebytes, Trojan remover, avast and some other I can't remember and nothing everything its clear and nice.
I already try to hard reset my phone, cleaning cache and didn't work, so I flash rom the whole thing it didn't work either.

Please I need some suggestions, I'm desperate

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.