Advice Request Stuck at BD installation (Bitdefender)

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

truemax

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 29, 2015
Hi so i moved my 6months license to my main PC which was not working and now is fixed.

So i downloaded BD Total Security Installer, and it stuck at Installing 0%, Scanning and Downloading are OK 100% done, but installing is stuck, i restarted my computer and tried again. Still 20minutes passed and still at 0%. Any logs are available somewhere to see what's going on?

Thanks.

truemax

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 29, 2015
Okay, so i cancelled installation, got blue screen of death (2nd time), my monitor started to buzz crazy, thought it was about to explode.

Raul90

Level 14
Feb 5, 2012
Is this an online installer of BD Total 2016 or later? Was there a previous installation of a security software on that pc? It might have some remnants that interfered with the BD install..? Best to try it again and make sure that there aren't any left overs of previous security suite install. By the way you said,

my main PC which was not working and now is fixed..
--What was that all about? Was it really fixed..? It may have been why you had a freeze on the install...

truemax

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 29, 2015
It's 2016 installer. And problem with my pc was, that it would restart itself whenever i turn it on. Didn't realize that it was because of my Optical Drive was disconnected from motherboard.

truemax

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 29, 2015
Okay so i'm trying to delete Bitdefenders folder, using CMD and Unlocker i get that access is denied, no other accounts on this machine. And only one is administrator.

EDIT: Revo Uninstaller didn't manage to delete it either.
EDIT: Managed to delete it in Safe Mode, but still no progress in installation. Can anyone using BD tell me how long it took you to install it?

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Uninstall Bitdefender using official Uninstall Bitdefender tool
- Choose Trail if trialware (ie. 29 days remaining)
- Choose Paid if purchased

Where did you download the Bitdefender 2016 installer from (ie. source)?

truemax

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 29, 2015
It was downloaded from Extended Trial - Bitdefender Giveaways [New Thread] after thread was extended.

Anyway after 45minutes of waiting it did successfully installed. I wonder if there's people who had this similar problem. And this blue screen of death is strange. 2 Times cancelled installation 2 times got BSOD.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
You need to examine the dumps occurred on your system after BSOD, yes Bitdefender have some issues according to sources however it can be coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.