Stupid - Why is this required to create a Windows 10 Media disk

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by ng4ever, Dec 16, 2017.

1. ng4ever

ng4ever Level 8

Feb 11, 2016
    US
    I always thought this was stupid and a security risk. Why have to login to admin to have to create a Windows 10 media disk ? That or at least let us login as admin from a limited user account.

[​IMG]

I have admin rights and know what the password is that is not the problem.

The problem is I don't want to directly use my Admin account to just make a Windows 10 media disk. Mainly because I can't use my pc while that is happening. I could sure but nothing is installed on my Admin account.

DJ Panda, Syafiq and Cats-4_Owners-2 like this.
  2. Danielx64

Danielx64 Level 8

Mar 24, 2017
    Australia
    Windows 10
    ESET
    The thing is, what if someone make such a disk, burn that image to DVD (don't need admin for that) then boot from dvd then wipe the lot out? Also did you forget that you can use the MCT to do an upgrade too? The MCT can be harmful if you are not careful :)

DeepWeb and ng4ever like this.