Not open for further replies.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Greetings all of my friends here.
I want some suggestions over browsers, I am planning change my web experience in the browsers, reason is that I dont like the latest FF UI, Indeed i was using FF because i didnt like chrome UI, Now since both UI are similar i dont like them, and they are not smooth in scrolling. Addons will help fix my problems, but i dont want to mess with my web experience. So with all this i am planning to switch to different browser, so if u are familiar with an alternative and as powerful as the other two browsers, u may suggest me.
Thanks

M

MalwareT

1.Comodo Dragon
2.Comodo IceDragon
3.SRware Iron
4.Yandex Browser
5.Opera
6.Maxthon Cloud Browser
7.360 Browser
8.CyberFox

Hope i'm helped. :D:cool:

Reactions: Purshu_Pro

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
Eesh, no, no. Comodo? Please. I used Dragon for some time, and recommended to a friend. Well, none of us used it for very long. He even had a nickname for it, Budragon, cause it was so full of bugs. Remember Comodo fixes 300+ bugs at every release cycle? :rolleyes: Not to mention they always lag behind in security fixes, despite being a security company. Many such "security" companies do that, and put users at risk while claiming their browser is safer...

SRWare Iron: good Chrome alternative, no auto-update though.

Opera: good Chrome alternative.

Yandex: I'd say not so good as the two above, may lag in updates (who can fill in with some info on this one?)

Maxthon: if you like it, it's good I guess.

360: I don't know how often Qihoo updates the core (again, is someone more informed on this one?)

CyberFox: not bad.

Pale Moon: it's all you need. :cool:

If you prefer Chrome-based, I'd say Chrome itself, Iron, or Opera. But for FF-based, I recommend Pale Moon for sure!

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Thank u all for ur suggestions, i am planning to go with pale moon x64, so is it strong and safe as FF ?

Reactions: XhenEd

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
My top 3 are...

1. Slimjet(still in Beta,but very good)
2. Comodo Dragon
3. SuperBird

All 3 are Chromium based.
Tell me about Superbird? Can it be uninstalled completly if I don't like it?

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
360: I don't know how often Qihoo updates the core (again, is someone more informed on this one?)
10478169_640425986053920_7417933368367688608_n.jpg

Garak1138

Level 1
Verified
Jun 26, 2014
Hi everyone!
For the last month I have been trying to find a browser that will suit most of my needs: speed, customization, stability, updates.
After trying dozen browsers (or even more, I don't know exact count) I ended up with this 3 browsers that perform best in my system:

1. pcxFirefox (x64)
2. Cyberfox (x64)
3. SlimJet (x86)

pcxFirefox is definitely quickest of them all in browsing the web and since it is basically modded version of FF it can be customized just like the FF.

PS
PaleMoon browser (x64) is also very good.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I'm experiencing a lot of memory usage in PM , more than 300 MB. Is this normal or what?

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
I'm experiencing a lot of memory usage in PM , more than 300 MB. Is this normal or what?
If you are using the 64-bit version, it will consume more RAM than the 32-bit version.

I have less than 300MB and 10 tabs open.

Just one tab, now coming close to 200MB (on a 2GB machine).

If you compare with Firefox, it's not that much of a difference. I suppose the 32-bit version of PM will use less RAM than FF.

Garak1138

Level 1
Verified
Jun 26, 2014
Jaspion, you are right. I have been comparing pcxFirefox and PM and there is little difference: with 2 same tabs open pcxFF consumes about 202 MB and PM consumes about 194 MB. It almost the same... Both are 64-bit. The more tabs one has opened, more memory will be consumed.

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
I just downloaded Pale Moon but, haven't installed it yet. It was only around a 794 MB download. Does this seem right?

fenson

Level 1
Verified
May 3, 2014
Tell me about Superbird? Can it be uninstalled completly if I don't like it?

There is a portable version.Just do a search of Superbird browser portable.I did have it installed at one point & had no problems uninstalling it.I don't remember if it left behind empty folders or not though.

Reactions: MalwareT and marg
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.