Advice Request Suggestions on which product to use?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

luckha

Thread author
May 29, 2020
Hi all,

I'm currently using Bitdefender Totalt Security in my household and quite happy with it. As a complement I also use Pi-Hole on a raspberry 4 and Cloudflare 1.1.1.3 for additional malware and child protection.
On top of that the kids have Microsoft accounts which I can manage in the Microsoft Safety App.

On the Enterprise side I see products which offers the following:
1. Malware Protection
2. Web filtering
3. Application Usage monitoring
4. Cloud App usage monitoring
5. Cloud Management console

So for my kids at home I want something that can offer all the above in one package.
Is there any such thing for home/family usage or do I need enterprise products?

Is it a NextGen solution I need? Or is the solution a NextGen firewall?

Please suggest and help.

//Luke

Reactions: ForgottenSeer 94943
F

ForgottenSeer 94943

On family devices, I use AVG Internet Security with hardened mode enabled. I also protected access to AVG using a password to prevent them from disabling protection. Moreover, I am using NextDNS with family protection enabled. I do not use any dedicated family protection services, but I believe Norton does offer one.

davisd

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2019
Better one evening sit down with you family or at the launch table and have a little discussion about safe internet practices, it'll have more impact in a long run, as mostly every Antivirus product nowadays does the same and it won't matter as much which one you use in your household. Keep family informed about online, crooks and pervs, and you'll be safe. I am against any controlling or monitoring children online, wherever they go or who they meet with, rather educate them old-style via talking about consequences online, what is safe and what is not to do.

• Applause
Reactions: ForgottenSeer 94943

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.