Deprecated SUMo v5.x is now End of Life (Oct 31, 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
As well, it installed Microsoft Edge Webview (whatever unwelcome thing that was) which was not indicated for installation. What an unmitigated disaster!

I used RuckZuck earlier today and it likewise offered (but did not automatically download) the WebView 2 runtime. I clicked "yes" b/c I use the Windows Weather app a lot and it won't run without it. Quietly offered to install it and I let it. I've tried UCheck multiple times and always came away unimpressed. Does it still nag for donations and tell you it won't install certain software updates until you pay a subscription fee, anyone?

ng4ever

Level 17
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
I used RuckZuck earlier today and it likewise offered (but did not automatically download) the WebView 2 runtime. I clicked "yes" b/c I use the Windows Weather app a lot and it won't run without it. Quietly offered to install it and I let it. I've tried UCheck multiple times and always came away unimpressed. Does it still nag for donations and tell you it won't install certain software updates until you pay a subscription fee, anyone?
Yeah I disliked that about UCheck too.

So sad about SUMo. :( Sucks.

I wonder why this is happening?

Reactions: Nevi

tech_eng

Level 1
Oct 9, 2020
Yeah I disliked that about UCheck too.

So sad about SUMo. :( Sucks.

I tried 3 other solutions, but none satisfies me like Sumo.

• In Sumo I have custom folders of apps to check for updates, and exclusion of single apps or folders.
  • I like the manual update process in Sumo, where it helps downloading the updated installer and I launch it with my settings and follow the steps.
  • I like to right-click on an app and open the location where it is found.
These things are not found in 1 other software :( really sad to see it go away.

I guess it is low revenues from keeping up these apps running, server bandwidth for the API where sumo and dumo contact to do their job. this is not cheap.

Reactions: ng4ever

ng4ever

Level 17
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
I tried 3 other solutions, but none satisfies me like Sumo.

• In Sumo I have custom folders of apps to check for updates, and exclusion of single apps or folders.
  • I like the manual update process in Sumo, where it helps downloading the updated installer and I launch it with my settings and follow the steps.
  • I like to right-click on an app and open the location where it is found.
These things are not found in 1 other software :( really sad to see it go away.

I guess it is low revenues from keeping up these apps running, server bandwidth for the API where sumo and dumo contact to do their job. this is not cheap.

That sucks.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.