Unmaintained SUMo v5.x is now End of Life (Oct 31, 2023)

  • Thread starter Thread starter sinu
  • Start date Start date
System utilities
427 Replies 133,209 Views
Status
Not open for further replies.
As well, it installed Microsoft Edge Webview (whatever unwelcome thing that was) which was not indicated for installation. What an unmitigated disaster!

I used RuckZuck earlier today and it likewise offered (but did not automatically download) the WebView 2 runtime. I clicked "yes" b/c I use the Windows Weather app a lot and it won't run without it. Quietly offered to install it and I let it. I've tried UCheck multiple times and always came away unimpressed. Does it still nag for donations and tell you it won't install certain software updates until you pay a subscription fee, anyone?
 
I used RuckZuck earlier today and it likewise offered (but did not automatically download) the WebView 2 runtime. I clicked "yes" b/c I use the Windows Weather app a lot and it won't run without it. Quietly offered to install it and I let it. I've tried UCheck multiple times and always came away unimpressed. Does it still nag for donations and tell you it won't install certain software updates until you pay a subscription fee, anyone?
Yeah I disliked that about UCheck too.

So sad about SUMo. :( Sucks.

I wonder why this is happening?
 
Yeah I disliked that about UCheck too.

So sad about SUMo. :( Sucks.

I wonder why this is happening?
I tried 3 other solutions, but none satisfies me like Sumo.

  • In Sumo I have custom folders of apps to check for updates, and exclusion of single apps or folders.
  • I like the manual update process in Sumo, where it helps downloading the updated installer and I launch it with my settings and follow the steps.
  • I like to right-click on an app and open the location where it is found.
These things are not found in 1 other software :( really sad to see it go away.

I wonder why this is happening?

I guess it is low revenues from keeping up these apps running, server bandwidth for the API where sumo and dumo contact to do their job. this is not cheap.
 
I tried 3 other solutions, but none satisfies me like Sumo.

  • In Sumo I have custom folders of apps to check for updates, and exclusion of single apps or folders.
  • I like the manual update process in Sumo, where it helps downloading the updated installer and I launch it with my settings and follow the steps.
  • I like to right-click on an app and open the location where it is found.
These things are not found in 1 other software :( really sad to see it go away.



I guess it is low revenues from keeping up these apps running, server bandwidth for the API where sumo and dumo contact to do their job. this is not cheap.

That sucks.

:(
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top