Check for updates and Notify
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Real-time security
Kaspersky Free 2019
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Periodic malware scanners
AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes, Norton Power Eraser, Emsisoft Emergency Kit, HitmanPro, ESET Online Scanner, Kaspersky TDSSKiller
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Ublock Origin and HTTPS Everywhere
Maintenance tools
Privacy Eraser and Wise Disk Cleaner

Shadow Defender
File and Photo backup
USB flash drive and AOMEI Free Backupper
System recovery
AOMEI Free Backupper

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Uninstall BD? You could try Kaspersky or Sophos Home Free, etc. if you don't want to use WD. Then add VoodooShield Free, OSArmor, etc. What firewall are you using? Have you tried TinyWall? Good for those who aren't able to create rules in WF..

I am interested on Kaspersky Free. I am just waiting for someone to do a full review on the 2019. I don't know much about Sophos Home though.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
@SumTingWong: so I guess You are using now Windows Defender if You removed BD Free?

About KFA2019, I will start next month (June) to start posting results at MWHub with it (I got many suggestions to change KTS2019 to KFA2019, to check how good is with SW)...

Right now I am using Windows Defender at the moment.

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Right now I am using Windows Defender at the moment.

Add VoodooShield Free while you are deciding on antivirus. Nor recent reviews of Sophos Free that I know of - the TPSC on youtube has a very good review here - but it's 2 years old. Sophos has a great web shield. I've used it in the past. Very light. Very basic. Not really configurable but I never had a problem with it. Word on this forum seems to be its signatures not as good as the Premium version but I do not know about this. It seems to me that they would be the same in Free and Premium but of course the paid version has more features - as you would expect. In any case, if you pair it or WD with VS and OSArmor you've got a pretty good config. I am sure more experienced members will add their advice.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Add VoodooShield Free while you are deciding on antivirus. Nor recent reviews of Sophos Free that I know of - the TPSC on youtube has a very good review here - but it's 2 years old. Sophos has a great web shield. I've used it in the past. Very light. Very basic. Not really configurable but I never had a problem with it. Word on this forum seems to be its signatures not as good as the Premium version but I do not know about this. It seems to me that they would be the same in Free and Premium but of course the paid version has more features - as you would expect. In any case, if you pair it or WD with VS and OSArmor you've got a pretty good config. I am sure more experienced members will add their advice.

Some free & light combos:

VoodooShield can uninstall completely with Programs and Features? No need 3rd party uninstaller?

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

I was a beta tester for Voodoo but my lic runs out july 1st. even thought it is an awesome program , I can't afford to renew.
Will stick with what I have Malwarebytes lifetime, Shadow Defender lifetime, Appguard version 4 lifetime, Marcrium, CCleaner Pro, Windscribe 10 gig free and Fort knox paid.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I was a beta tester for Voodoo but my lic runs out july 1st. even thought it is an awesome program , I can't afford to renew.
Will stick with what I have Malwarebytes lifetime, Shadow Defender lifetime, Appguard version 4 lifetime, Marcrium, CCleaner Pro, Windscribe 10 gig free and Fort knox paid.
If you sent a mail to Dan, he might give you more time on your licence...

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
As google is your default search engine,you may try Don't track me Google by rob wu.It changes behaviour of http referrer.& sometimes may even speed up browsing. If you are interested, then you may try cookie autodelete,decentraleyes,privacy badger.You may add a good pop up blocker also.

you may try os armor or voodoshield.

Last edited:

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
''Password Management: On a paper''

You could give kaspersky password management a try?

Reactions: harlan4096

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.