Check for updates and Notify
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Real-time security
Kaspersky Free 2019
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Periodic malware scanners
AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes, Norton Power Eraser, Emsisoft Emergency Kit, HitmanPro, ESET Online Scanner, Kaspersky TDSSKiller
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Ublock Origin and HTTPS Everywhere
Maintenance tools
Privacy Eraser and Wise Disk Cleaner

Shadow Defender
File and Photo backup
USB flash drive and AOMEI Free Backupper
System recovery
AOMEI Free Backupper

jerzy601

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
my configuration task is good, only for a lot of these scanners.
all you need is 2 scanners, EEK and HitmanFree or Zeman Free.

Reactions: SumTingWong

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Update: 4/27/2018

Remove: CCleaner

Reason for removing: Piriform keeps pushing Avast and privacy.
  • Where appropriate, CCleaner Free may recommend improvements to your system’s antivirus protection

Add: Privacy Eraser and Glary Utilities 5

Reactions: harlan4096

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I still would recommend you try uBlock Origin - in Advanced User Mode Medium. Very powerful. You can find an excellent video by The Hated One on youtube. Watch the video and with little trial & error you'll see results. In this mode, no lists, contacting developer, etc. like Adblock. His video had me laughing! Then you can compare with Adblock,. You're in the driver's seat. Experiment.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Bitdefender Free or Windows Defender + VoodooShield Free? :unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: frogboy

Islam Gamal

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018
i was thinking about bitdefender free but when i saw the dead forum of bitdefender and the complaints of people , i decided to go with avast free. bitdefender free has no support at all and this is very bad.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
i was thinking about bitdefender free but when i saw the dead forum of bitdefender and the complaints of people , i decided to go with avast free. bitdefender free has no support at all and this is very bad.

I agreed with you. It is going to take ages for Bitdefender to answer my 1 question: Is it compatible with Windows 10 V1803?
I might go with VoodooShield + Windows Defender.

Reactions: Islam Gamal

Islam Gamal

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018
I agreed with you. It is going to take ages for Bitdefender to answer my 1 question: Is it compatible with Windows 10 V1803?
I might go with VoodooShield + Windows Defender.
i am using avast free with comodo firewall. i am very happy with this combo and it is very light on my system and for browsing i use ublock origin and avira browser safety. i hope i can help you. ;);):)

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
i am using avast free with comodo firewall. i am very happy with this combo and it is very light on my system and for browsing i use ublock origin and avira browser safety. i hope i can help you. ;);):)
No problem. I just find out that Bitdefender customer support don't support the free version of Bitdefender at all.
Screenshot_3.png

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
No problem. I just find out that Bitdefender customer support don't support the free version of Bitdefender at all.
Most freeware do not have priority Customer Support.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Remove: Bitdefender Free

I don't know what cause Bitdefender Free to interfere GTA 5 because I get no alert from Bitdefender Free nor show anything GTA 5 in notification log. I excluded GTA 5 and Rockstar from Bitdefender Free, and Bitdefender Free still interfered GTA 5 like seriously? I have to shut down Bitdefender Free to play GTA online.

Reactions: harlan4096

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Remove: Bitdefender Free

I don't know what cause Bitdefender Free to interfere GTA 5 because I get no alert from Bitdefender Free nor show anything GTA 5 in notification log. I excluded GTA 5 and Rockstar from Bitdefender Free, and Bitdefender Free still interfered GTA 5 like seriously? I have to shut down Bitdefender Free to play GTA online.

That sucks, did you contact it?

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
That sucks, did you contact it?

Bitdefender forum is dead. Bitdefender supports don't offer any support to the free version of Bitdefender. Rockstar blamed my Bitdefender Free causing my game unable to connect to the Rockstar cloud service.

Reactions: CyberTech

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Uninstall BD? You could try Kaspersky or Sophos Home Free, etc. if you don't want to use WD. Then add VoodooShield Free, OSArmor, etc. What firewall are you using? Have you tried TinyWall? Good for those who aren't able to create rules in WF..

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.