App Review SuperAntiSpyware Pro 2024

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
SuperAntiSpyware is a once-popular security software.
Once a purely anti-spyware program (competing with Spybot), it fell into oblivion over the years as it became totally obsolete in the face of today's malware.
For some time now, its publisher has been integrating Avira's SDK engine to boost its detections.
It should be noted that it doesn't use the full power of Avira, as it has no connection with its Cloud server.
Nor does it deactivate Microsoft Defender.
I'm afraid of the result, but I'll give it a chance!

User interface :

The interface is simple but very old-fashioned, and the publisher has made no effort to modernize it.
Nevertheless, it remains fairly simplistic. SAS offers very few settings, which may irritate configuration-crazy geeks...

Web protection: 7/10

SuperAntiSpyware blocks malware thanks to the Avira engine.
However, 3 infections have been detected, causing infections on the machine.
SAS has a Web filtering extension, but... it didn't install! What a shame!

Fake crack : 0,80/1

SAS blocks 2 installations during copying.
There is still malware using rundll32.exe but no action on the machine.

Malware Pack : Remaining 15 out of 667 threats.

SAS scans quickly, but surprisingly, it suggests a reboot to disinfect the archive... I refuse.

SAS lets 15 through, but... does nothing to block all executions!
I could have guessed as the software only has a database. No advanced protection is provided, such as heuristic analysis (only the Avira SDK), no behavioral protection, nothing!
Malware can therefore install itself without detection and seriously infect the machine...

Final scan :

SAS : 0
Autoruns : 7 malicious keys (KillSwitch AutoRuns)
NPE : 7
KVRT: 14 (Memory infected !!)
Emsisoft : 9 (False Positive KillSwitch -1 )

Final opinion:

SuperAntiSpyware was once a renowned anti-spyware that has lost its former aura.
It tries to become anti-malware with Avira's engine but doesn't follow the trend to provide decent protection!
Where competitors such as Malwarebytes and AdAware have been able to adapt, SAS is still living in the past and can't protect a computer properly.
Totally not recommended.

@SumTingWong request

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Thanks for your comprehensive review. It's quite clear that SuperAntiSpyware Pro 2024 has some significant shortcomings when it comes to modern malware protection. Your input will be very valuable to other users considering this software.

• Thanks
Reactions: Shadowra

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
SuperAntiSpyware is a once-popular security software.
Once a purely anti-spyware program (competing with Spybot), it fell into oblivion over the years as it became totally obsolete in the face of today's malware.
For some time now, its publisher has been integrating Avira's SDK engine to boost its detections.
It should be noted that it doesn't use the full power of Avira, as it has no connection with its Cloud server.
Nor does it deactivate Microsoft Defender.
I'm afraid of the result, but I'll give it a chance!

User interface :

The interface is simple but very old-fashioned, and the publisher has made no effort to modernize it.
Nevertheless, it remains fairly simplistic. SAS offers very few settings, which may irritate configuration-crazy geeks...

Web protection: 7/10

SuperAntiSpyware blocks malware thanks to the Avira engine.
However, 3 infections have been detected, causing infections on the machine.
SAS has a Web filtering extension, but... it didn't install! What a shame!

Fake crack : 0,80/1

SAS blocks 2 installations during copying.
There is still malware using rundll32.exe but no action on the machine.

Malware Pack : Remaining 15 out of 667 threats.

SAS scans quickly, but surprisingly, it suggests a reboot to disinfect the archive... I refuse.

SAS lets 15 through, but... does nothing to block all executions!
I could have guessed as the software only has a database. No advanced protection is provided, such as heuristic analysis (only the Avira SDK), no behavioral protection, nothing!
Malware can therefore install itself without detection and seriously infect the machine...

Final scan :

SAS : 0
Autoruns : 7 malicious keys (KillSwitch AutoRuns)
NPE : 7
KVRT: 14 (Memory infected !!)
Emsisoft : 9 (False Positive KillSwitch -1 )

Final opinion:

SuperAntiSpyware was once a renowned anti-spyware that has lost its former aura.
It tries to become anti-malware with Avira's engine but doesn't follow the trend to provide decent protection!
Where competitors such as Malwarebytes and AdAware have been able to adapt, SAS is still living in the past and can't protect a computer properly.
Totally not recommended.

@SumTingWong request

I remember when this program was in every computer cleaners toolbox, together with Ewido etc. Thanks for the comprehensive evaluation as usual. 👍

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.