Maricum Reflect Free

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@SUPRA: please kindly consider:
  • As for "Virus and Malware Removal Tools", You may add: ZAM Free and Norton Power Eraser, and MalWareBytes 4 Windows Free.
  • Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here.
Thanks for sharing Your config :)

SUPRA

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 26, 2016
Thank You all for sharing your views. My main intention of posting this security config is a question.
Can I add Secure A Plus Premium or this much security is enough?

Reactions: harlan4096

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I think You don't need SAP, since ESET Internet Security has its own HIPS and FireWall, well tweaked is quite strong... although SAP has a strong anti-exe/whitelisting module and multi cloud av engine, and one of the most important engines there is precisely ESET...

Reactions: JM Safe and SUPRA

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Thank You all for sharing your views. My main intention of posting this security config is a question.
Can I add Secure A Plus Premium or this much security is enough?
Assuming AppGuard is configured properly, it'll handle absolutely everything that SecureAPlus would do.

SUPRA

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 26, 2016
I think You don't need SAP, since ESET Internet Security has its own HIPS and FireWall, well tweaked is quite strong... although SAP has a strong anti-exe/whitelisting module and multi cloud av engine, and one of the most important engines there is precisely ESET...
Yes I have configured that thank you for your reply.

SUPRA

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 26, 2016
Assuming AppGuard is configured properly, it'll handle absolutely everything that SecureAPlus would do.
Yes sir I know that but in lockdown mode it blocks many application so how to configure this best way possible.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Yes sir I know that but in lockdown mode it blocks many application so how to configure this best way possible.
I couldn't tell you. I've only used AppGuard once to try it out and didn't get along with it.
@Lockdown is the one to go to about any AppGuard related questions.

Reactions: oldschool

How experienced are you in IT security and Windows ?

What version of Windows and AppGuard are you running ?

You have to provide detailed information.

The default Locked Down Mode only blocks programs run from User Space (Desktop, User Profile folders, non-system drives) - that is its whole point - to block stuff instead of allowing it by default.

Are you attempting to run programs from User Space ? (Running stuff from User Space is not advisable, but it is difficult to avoid because many vendors, including Microsoft itself, run stuff from User Space. So Microsoft violates its own best security practice recommendations - with a exploitable process no less = Windows Defender).

What block events are you seeing ?

SUPRA

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 26, 2016
How experienced are you in IT security and Windows ?

What version of Windows and AppGuard are you running ?

You have to provide detailed information.

The default Locked Down Mode only blocks programs run from User Space (Desktop, User Profile folders, non-system drives) - that is its whole point - to block stuff instead of allowing it by default.

Are you attempting to run programs from User Space ? (Running stuff from User Space is not advisable, but it is difficult to avoid because many vendors, including Microsoft itself, run stuff from User Space. So Microsoft violates its own best security practice recommendations - with a exploitable process no less = Windows Defender).

What block events are you seeing ?

I am not very much experienced on IT security but I know all of the basics how to protect myself from day to day threaats.

I am using Windows 10 Pro with Appguard pro 4.4.1 lifetime version.

I am using this particular application in lockdown mode and I am trying to master it but I am bit confused because it blocks many popular software when I am trying to install them. One such example is RevoUninstaller it block when I start to install it but if I install it by allowing appguard option to install then after installation it shows no problem even if appguard is in lockdown mode the application runs fine. I download the file via IDM and eventually it goes to its default directory you know that I think I start to install it from there an it blocks but once install there is no problem.
Now previously I use VoodooShield which shows the file reputation but this application is completely different. So how to master it and how to configure it so that it blocks only untrusted application.

Reactions: oldschool

Locked Down Mode is intended to block all installs.

Set AppGuard to OFF when installing programs. I know there is an Allow Installs option, but it is better to close all open programs, set AppGuard to OFF and then install the software.

The easiest starting point to becoming proficient with AppGuard is to read the Help file completely and thoroughly - and a little bit of practicing with AppGuard.

SUPRA

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 26, 2016
Locked Down Mode is intended to block all installs.

Set AppGuard to OFF when installing programs. I know there is an Allow Installs option, but it is better to close all open programs, set AppGuard to OFF and then install the software.

The easiest starting point to becoming proficient with AppGuard is to read the Help file completely and thoroughly - and a little bit of practicing with AppGuard.

I was waiting for your reply eagerly, thank you very much sir. I will try my level best.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.