Advice Request Surface Pro

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

ng4ever

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
Just got a Surface Pro to see if I like it as a 2 in 1. Not sure yet.

My question is should I change and run main account as a Standard account still even on a Surface Pro? Will it get too annoying when using it as a tablet unless face id will enter the password for me during the UAC screen.

Any reason to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro over Home as well ?

Last edited:

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Running your main account as a Standard account on your Surface Pro can add an extra layer of security. However, it might be a bit inconvenient as you'll need to enter an admin password for certain tasks. Unfortunately, Face ID can't be used to bypass this. It's a trade-off between security and convenience.

ng4ever

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
Thanks.

I returned it because the 10 is coming out soon. Though doubt I will get it.

Want a device with better battery life.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.