On Sale! Surfshark VPN 81% off today

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Promo page
https://surfshark.com/deals
How to get a license
81% off today

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Is it a good VPN ?
Absolutely. Great speeds, fast customer support and privacy-wise it's also one of the best out there due to their no-logs-policy and as they are based on the British Virign Islands which are known for strict privacy laws. So for the price that is even cheap without a discount it's definitely worth trying.

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Absolutely. Great speeds, fast customer support and privacy-wise it's also one of the best out there due to their no-logs-policy and as they are based on the British Virign Islands which are known for strict privacy laws. So for the price that is even cheap without a discount it's definitely worth trying.
Thanks @SecureKongo
And are these 2 options interesting ? : Surfshark Alert & Search
1.PNG

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017

entropism

Level 4
Verified
Jul 30, 2019
Just letting you know it's been this price for a while. If you want something slightly cheaper (with longer term) you can go through stacksocial, they have 3 & 4 year plans that end up being slightly cheaper per month.

Surfshark is supposed to be excellent, but they completely fell flat when I tried them out. I was so sure they were going to work out well for me, too.

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Just letting you know it's been this price for a while. If you want something slightly cheaper (with longer term) you can go through stacksocial, they have 3 & 4 year plans that end up being slightly cheaper per month.

Surfshark is supposed to be excellent, but they completely fell flat when I tried them out. I was so sure they were going to work out well for me, too.
You are right it is a "fake" permanent discount :confused:
Today the same discount than yesterday Exclusif : économisez 81% sur le VPN - Surfshark
And idel at "Stacksocial": Surf Securely & Access Your Favorite Content on Unlimited Devices Using Torrent-Friendly Servers

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
Is it a good VPN ?
I think so, I've been using it as my main VPN for about 6 months now and am very happy with it.
Absolutely. Great speeds, fast customer support and privacy-wise it's also one of the best out there due to their no-logs-policy.....
I second these comments
Not really in my opinion. Surfshark Alert is just a worse version of Have I Been Pwned and Surfshark Search is basically just a private search engine using bing search results which can be replaced by DuckDuckGo or Startpage for example which are completely free. So there is no point of spending extra money for those services.
Agreed.
How good is it compared to ProtonVPN & NordVPN, if anyone has an opinion, please?
I steer clear of Nord due to their dubious tactics in the past but I have had a ProtonVPN account for a few years. I'd say that they are fairly even on security, speeds and UX but would choose SurfShark over Proton for their range of servers that suit me better.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
How good is it compared to ProtonVPN & NordVPN, if anyone has an opinion, please? :unsure:
As the others said it's not really hard to beat NordVPN. Proton VPN was always too expensive for me so I never tried it, but Surfshark is a little more basic but also much cheaper. I would go with Surfshark if your VPN subscriptions run out.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
VPN's are very personal, I have a couple of months left of SurfShark left & for me it's one of the worst I've ever used, apart from unusually slow speed etc - IMO the GUI is dreadful esp on hi-res - Yet others on here love it, always get a trial or a method of money back as with any VPN you may love it or not?

entropism

Level 4
Verified
Jul 30, 2019
As the others said it's not really hard to beat NordVPN.
And yet Nord works the best for me for the price, and I'm ACTIVELY trying to replace them. Surfshark didn't work, Keepsolid didn't work, etc etc. Sadly, I just re-upped with Nord for $36 after cash back, for 2 years. $18/year isn't bad at all.

Oh, I tried contacting Surfshark about the atrocious pixelation when I was streaming, and their solution was to bypass my PiHole on my network and use OpenVPN as my DNS server. No thanks.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
And yet Nord works the best for me for the price, and I'm ACTIVELY trying to replace them. Surfshark didn't work, Keepsolid didn't work, etc etc. Sadly, I just re-upped with Nord for $36 after cash back, for 2 years. $18/year isn't bad at all.

Oh, I tried contacting Surfshark about the atrocious pixelation when I was streaming, and their solution was to bypass my PiHole on my network and use OpenVPN as my DNS server. No thanks.
As long as it's working well for you. I only had problems with it and think that they focus more on marketing than developement.

entropism

Level 4
Verified
Jul 30, 2019
Yeah, they seriously screwed up my billing, and placed an unauthorized charge on my account. After that screw up, I was looking to replace them ASAP (current sub runs until 11/2021), but I simply couldn't find anything that could reliably replace them, that didn't cost an arm & a leg.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Yeah, they seriously screwed up my billing, and placed an unauthorized charge on my account. After that screw up, I was looking to replace them ASAP (current sub runs until 11/2021), but I simply couldn't find anything that could reliably replace them, that didn't cost an arm & a leg.
Proton is decent but expensive so that's not the right one for you. Maybe you want to try IVPN or Windscribe, depending on what your main activity will be with the VPN.

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
VPN's are very personal, I have a couple of months left of SurfShark left & for me it's one of the worst I've ever used, apart from unusually slow speed etc - IMO the GUI is dreadful esp on hi-res - Yet others on here love it, always get a trial or a method of money back as with any VPN you may love it or not?
I've found that of the UK servers the Glasgow ones are sometimes extremely slow, at first I put that down to them being the furthest from me physically in the the UK and I can easily switch to another UK server. The Manchester ones are usually faster than the London ones, the latter are the nearest ones as the crow flies, that could be just down to user load. But, both the London and Manchester ones are fast enough for me if I want a UK server. The Belgian ones are what usually come up as being the fastest on offer by Surfshark. The double hop options that include a UK hop are generally fast too, including the India > UK ones.

n8chavez

Level 17
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
My opinion, pair Surfshark with Viscosity VPN and generate your own ovpn files. That way you get an actual killswitch and can use nextdns with surfshark, which you cannot do if you use the surfshark client. Wireguard does not seem that much faster compared to openvpn for me according to speedtest.net, so it's no real loss for me.

Reactions: Venustus and Cortex

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.