Advice Request Suspect ads targeted at me

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBonz

Thread author
Aug 27, 2020
For a while I have been experiencing online ads that are not legitimate and are targeted at me personaly. Usualy they are ad images that are placed in ad slots but don't appear to be genuine. Recently I have experieced the same thing with youtube video ads. Ads that interupt a long video. I think it's aimed at me, not random. I don't think this is normal target advertising. If I'm able to visit sites using Tor it doesn't happen. I would like to know how this is possible? What is the likely method being used? How would someone be able to place a video ad on youtube? I read somwhere that an image can be replaced with a "man in the middle" attack? Is there anything I can do to find out the cause?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Computer windows 10. For the last few months my network connection has been through a phone sometimes wifi and sometimes usb tethered.
Please create a new thread here:

This thread will be closed, unless it is determined to not be malware or adware related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.