Suspicious activity. How to find it?

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

If I connect a device to my wifi, for example my TV and I go to youtube without connecting to any account I get videos that I usual get on my pc with my account.
Is this a sign that Im infected?
No. This is called cross-device fingerprinting and in this case, it's your IP.

Another strange thing is that I bought an iPhone and because Im scared I didnt connect to many things to that phone.
I only linked icloud account and I think this is the only thing. I use mobile data for internet.
But if I go to youtube I still receive things that I receive on my computer.

How is that possible? Without connecting any account on youtube, without searching for those things and without connecting to my home wifi.
I dont know how it works...
Maybe someone can tell me.
If you login into any other sites which uses any Google stuff (many sites sadly do!) and you don't block third-party Cookies, Google still can see you and connect your devices in another cross-device fingerprinting.
This is what many people speak about for years but nobody listens or cares.

• HaHa
Reactions: mkoundo

Zecha

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 2, 2020
Yes, but I dont remember to login into any site.
I just created an iCloud account on that device at the first use and used whatsapp.
Those were the only things I think. So only whatsapp could get informations about me.
I didnt login into sites and I still received things I get usually on my devices (on Youtube).
I just feel like my devices get instant malware, virus or whatever even if I turned them on 5 mins ago. Because from time to time it happens to appear a strange bug.

Thanks for help.

Zecha

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 2, 2020
So I want to tell you that I have a friend on the internet (virtual) and he bought recently a laptop (1-2 years). We never met each other and he has weird/dubious/strange bugs as I have from time to time.
Problems with weird pixels on display, with clicks a lot of dubious bugs.
We only used (wetransfer) website to send each other files (2 times).

So this can be a virus/malware or whatever that infect computers so easily even if there are 500 km between or is just in my head because I had emails with recovery code and forgot password etc with connections that I didnt make on the accounts and im too scared.
Or maybe is it just the windows or android , ios that cause the problems?

I said here that I bought iPhone 12 and is very slow for a new phone that cost that much. It is not so responsive and im not sure why. Google maps after scroll for 1-2 mins is very laggy (zoom in/out, swipe left/right).
Steam app is very slow too but other applications are fast compared to my old Oneplus 5T.
Have a nice day!

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

So this can be a virus/malware or whatever that infect computers so easily even if there are 500 km between
Distance doesn't matter with Internet.

Or is just in my head because I had emails with recovery code and forgot password etc with connections that I didnt make on the accounts and im too scared.
Don't understand what you mean. What exactly is the problem?

Or maybe is it just the windows or android , ios that cause the problems?
Only you know which OS you use. All three are totally different.

I said here that I bought iPhone 12 and is very slow for a new phone that cost that much. It is not so responsive and im not sure why. Google maps after scroll for 1-2 mins is very laggy (zoom in/out, swipe left/right).
Steam app is very slow too but other applications are fast compared to my old Oneplus 5T.
Reset your phone

Zecha

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 2, 2020
I will try that.
I want to say that recently I bought new router (better security) and kaspersky.
And I receive every few days notification on kaspersky about SSL certificate (that is not valid or something).
I dont know if I am able to post this here but I will try.
Eveniment: Conexiune SSL cu certificat nevalid detectată
Tip utilizator: Unknown
Nume aplicație: chrome.exe
Cale aplicație: C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application
Componentă: Web antivirus
Descriere rezultat: Blocked
Nume obiect: ecp.yusercontent.com
Motiv: Acest certificat sau unul dintre certificatele din lanțul de certificate nu este actual.
Eveniment: Conexiune SSL cu certificat nevalid detectată
Tip utilizator: Nedefinit
Nume aplicație: chrome.exe
Cale aplicație: C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application
Componentă: Antivirus pentru web
Descriere rezultat: Blocat
Nume obiect: tuccy.sweb.cz
Motiv: Numele certificatului este nevalid. Fie numele nu se află pe lista de nume permise, fie a fost exclus în mod explicit.
Its in my language but maybe you can understand a little.
I dont think its normal to get these warning messages every time in a while.
I want to say that I accessed a website this month with this name :
epiclootboxsettlement.com
I received an email from epiclootbox that said I can be eligible to claim money before 12 april etc.
The article can be found here : Players Who Purchased an Event Crate or a Key that was used to open a Crate to Receive 1000 Rocket League Credits
And the website is posted at the bottom of the article so I thought that is legit/safe but when I tried to access it again today was blocked by both the router and kaspersky.
Does anyone know why I get these notifications about certificate?
This can be the cause that I tried to access that website (epicloot)?

I found this video about the website and I hope its the same found on google.

Last edited:

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
I dont think its normal to get these warning messages every time in a while.
I think it's normal to see websites with an invalid certificate from time to time. Another member of this forum has made a smiliar post and always gets a notificiation of Kaspersky which, in my opinion is just exaggerated and just frightens the user. You don't have to worry about that tho, as long as you don't put in personal information on those sites.

I received an email from epiclootbox that said I can be eligible to claim money before 12 april etc.
The article can be found here : Players Who Purchased an Event Crate or a Key that was used to open a Crate to Receive 1000 Rocket League Credits
And the website is posted at the bottom of the article so I thought that is legit/safe but when I tried to access it again today was blocked by both the router and kaspersky.
Does anyone know why I get these notifications about certificate?
This can be the cause that I tried to access that website (epicloot)?
According to VirusTotal the site is clean: VirusTotal

The site itself seems to be clean and surely isn't the cause of the certificate problem. Could you try accessing the sites that got blocked by Kaspersky on a different browser like Edge or Firefox?

Reactions: Zecha

Zecha

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 2, 2020
I think it's normal to see websites with an invalid certificate from time to time. Another member of this forum has made a smiliar post and always gets a notificiation of Kaspersky which, in my opinion is just exaggerated and just frightens the user. You don't have to worry about that tho, as long as you don't put in personal information on those sites.

According to VirusTotal the site is clean: VirusTotal

The site itself seems to be clean and surely isn't the cause of the certificate problem. Could you try accessing the sites that got blocked by Kaspersky on a different browser like Edge or Firefox?
I dont risk if I try to open the site on firefox or edge? If he doesnt block at that time.
I appreciate your reply. This is what I wanted to hear :) I feel a little bit better now.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
I dont risk if I try to open the site on firefox or edge? If he doesnt block at that time.
I appreciate your reply. This is what I wanted to hear :) I feel a little bit better now.
I meant the sites that got blocked by Kaspersky earlier due to an invalid certificate. You could try to open them in another browser to check if Chrome is the problem. But as I said, I'm sure that it's nothing to worry about as it's an issue from their side, not yours.

Reactions: ForgottenSeer 85179

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.