Swisscows + affiliates

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Well, I'm trying the search engine right now in Microsoft Edge. It's a touch slower than, say, Google but I don't get the maps and other crap prior to the site I want. uBlock Origin is clear when search results are displayed, as opposed to say: Google. No surprise.

Still evaluating--I mean, I JUST started this literally a few minutes ago. I came across this via this thread at Wilders, (neat-o, bellgamin :) ). Definitely interested in what others have to say.

swisscows.PNG

No idea about the products in the link.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Fair question on the affiliation services.

With the VPN, your forced to register and it's a monthly/yearly subscription ( appr. USD: 10.99$ - EUR: 9.25€ or appr. USD: 92.28$ - EUR: 77.73€ ), not sure it even comes with a free trial/test period. It's a browser extension, that seems to exist for most major vendors. With Android, one have to add a few details in the default VPN settings. Feels it lacks a bit basic information if one compare to other VPN providers. Server locations etc.
Securepoint AV PRO
Where did you find that information? :unsure:

Never heard of this company other then what member @plat1098 mentioned about their search engine.

Cleo

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
Fair question on the affiliation services.

With the VPN, your forced to register and it's a monthly/yearly subscription ( appr. USD: 10.99$ - EUR: 9.25€ or appr. USD: 92.28$ - EUR: 77.73€ ), not sure it even comes with a free trial/test period. It's a browser extension, that seems to exist for most major vendors. With Android, one have to add a few details in the default VPN settings. Feels it lacks a bit basic information if one compare to other VPN providers. Server locations etc.

Where did you find that information? :unsure:

Never heard of this company other then what member @plat1098 mentioned about their search engine.
I was looking at the education packs they have advertised. Follow the Keyshift link (top left of swisscows home page).
Thats where SecurePoint AV PRO is listed in the included softwares.
All I can see is a pretty basic and expensive vpn advertised. I was wondering, since SecurePoint also make an SSL vpn client , maybe it works with the swisscows vpn.
I like the search engine for my nieces as it has amazing nanny powers. I ordered one of them a Swisscows t-shirt from their merch page.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.