Advice Request Switching to Ubuntu 14.10 from Windows 7?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonmew

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
im thinking of going with linux as im sick of windows can you answer these questions

1. are drivers easy to find,install and update

2. can i play games like world of warcraft

3. how simple is it to find programs

4. can i use chrome on it and use extensions fro mthe chrome webstore

5. is it noob friendly

basically i just want my pc as it is now but without windows.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
I would definitely go with Linux Mint Cinamon or Linux Mint Mate for you first Linux Distro. You'll feel right at home using either of those and they are much more newbie friendly than Ubuntu. I switched a few family members to Linux Mint Cinnamon a while back, they came from Windows 7 and they've had no problems adjusting. Don't worry about Linux Commands just yet, just get a feel for using your Distro of choice for a month or so and then start digging a little deeper should you feel the need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.