Software Review Symantec Endpoint Protection Test 2022

Reviews reflect the reviewer's setup and methods. Check the evidence and limitations.
Thread details
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 42
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
High Reputation
Forum Veteran
Hello and welcome to the Symantec Endpoint test!
This is an enterprise version.
The interface is quite austere and the software is full of settings.
Personally, I would not install it on a private computer or for a novice because of the numerous settings...

I chose a balanced level of protection in order to put it in a default level...
The protection is very good, but the machine is infected...
RemoteManipulator is present without detection and a malware has infected the memory.
Moreover, I had a very strange bug, Symantec Endpoint crashed during the analysis of the archive!
I had to restart the VM and do the executions to test the archive...

No rating because it is an enterprise version.

 
Using unmanaged version of sep is not a good idea. It's meant to be managed and intended to be in an enterprise environment ( rightly with windows enterprise versions). In sep unmanaged, even if you set it to be in the most aggressive protection level, sometimes it would reset to the default settings. So beware if you are using unmanaged version.
 
Hello and welcome to the Symantec Endpoint test!
This is an enterprise version.
The interface is quite austere and the software is full of settings.
Personally, I would not install it on a private computer or for a novice because of the numerous settings...

I chose a balanced level of protection in order to put it in a default level...
The protection is very good, but the machine is infected...
RemoteManipulator is present without detection and a malware has infected the memory.
Moreover, I had a very strange bug, Symantec Endpoint crashed during the analysis of the archive!
I had to restart the VM and do the executions to test the archive...

No rating because it is an enterprise version.


How would you rate Norton 360 deluxe against Symantec Endpoint ;)
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top