Unlimited Giveaway Symantec Endpoint Unmanaged without time limit

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Promo page
https://www.comss.ru/page.php?id=569
How to get a license
Download unmanaged from the link below [URL='https://www.comss.ru/page.php?id=569']Symantec Endpoint Protection[/URL]
[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.comss.ru/page.php?id=569[/URL]
[SPOILER="Unmanaged installation config "][URL unfurl="true"]https://ibb.co/K70fFMW[/URL][/SPOILER]
[SPOILER="Firewall and exploit only (for compatibility with other av software )"][URL unfurl="true"]https://ibb.co/VLsVFdW[/URL][/SPOILER]

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Thanks. My internet habit is mostly safe. This will be a good choice when Eset expires.
Yeah it might be a little heavier then ESET and you might have more false positives.
About ease of use,
it's not hard to use but it lacks many options in the unmanaged client.

If you will have any issue or questions please ask .

The fox

May 19, 2020
Hi everyone
I am a new member and would like to ask you if symantec endpoint protection is enough to protect my laptop (Windows 10) after a clean installation or only use Windows defender.

Reactions: AtlBo

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Hi everyone
I am a new member and would like to ask you if symantec endpoint protection is enough to protect my laptop (Windows 10) after a clean installation or only use Windows defender.
Windows defender is very strong check out H_C if you're planning using it.
And maybe since it's a laptop add SEP as well
Use the network and host mitigation only config for SEP if you want to keep defender ,else do full SEP installation.

Last edited:

The fox

May 19, 2020
Windows defender is very strong check out H_C if you're planning using it.
And maybe since it's a laptop add SEP as well
Use the network and host mitigation only config for SEP if you want to keep defender ,else do full SEP installation.

Thank you for your reply because m not an expert!, I will stick to windows defender, I saw on the forum an app called configure defender to change setting that I want to try.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Thank you for your reply because m not an expert!, I will stick to windows defender, I saw on the forum an app called configure defender to change setting that I want to try.
Yeah a very nice tool .
Very very hard to get Infected when configering right.
But since you have a laptop a good idea will be to use SEP as a firewall IPS to prevent attackers on a public WiFi and a VPN is advised when using a public WiFi with a Killswitch or better just don't connect to public hotspots.

The fox

May 19, 2020
Yeah a very nice tool .
Very very hard to get Infected when configering right.
But since you have a laptop a good idea will be to use SEP as a firewall IPS to prevent attackers on a public WiFi and a VPN is advised when using a public WiFi with a Killswitch or better just don't connect to public hotspots.

Thank you again
I have just set windows defender as my primary antivirus + configure defender high protection + network and hot exploit mitigation firewall by Symantec
I will try it before a clean installation.
I will welcome any other ideas.

• Applause
Reactions: Vitali Ortzi

Chri.Mi

Level 7
Well-known
Apr 30, 2020
Thank you again
I have just set windows defender as my primary antivirus + configure defender high protection + network and hot exploit mitigation firewall by Symantec
I will try it before a clean installation.
I will welcome any other ideas.
Personally dont like this setup. Can understand if use something like kaspersky that have system watcher or avast (HM) with symantec firewall + antiexploit. If i should use windows with hardening setup, would use something like voodooshield or spyshelter free or Wise Vector as companion.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Personally dont like this setup. Can understand if use something like kaspersky that have system watcher or avast (HM) with symantec firewall + antiexploit. If i should use windows with hardening setup, would use something like voodooshield or spyshelter free or Wise Vector as companion.
Why windows defender on max won't allow any unrecognized file by Microsoft to run it is based upon the telemetry windows collect.
By doing this 99.999% of malware will be blocked.
Only downside is false positives around unpopular software.

About other security software you mentioned voodoo shield would be a good alternative.

Reactions: AtlBo and roger_m

The fox

May 19, 2020

Thank you for your comment
I am looking for a free and solid protection. I don't know much about available options.
I had kaspersky Internet security and really deserve the money but after expiry I would like to try something new.
By the way I am not a gamer and the laptop is used mainly to watch movies and checking banks and replying my employer emails that is the national health service.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Thank you for your comment
I am looking for a free and solid protection. I don't know much about available options.
I had kaspersky Internet security and really deserve the money but after expiry I would like to try something new.
By the way I am not a gamer and the laptop is used mainly to watch movies and checking banks and replying my employer emails that is the national health service.
Configure Defender max would be great .
Optionally you can use Symantec endpoint as a firewall IPS with defender .
About the account you are using on windows make sure you run emails / work on a SUA not an admin one.

Everything else is on you from backup to checking certificates.

Last edited:
Reactions: AtlBo

The fox

May 19, 2020
Configure Defender max would be great .
Optionally you can use Symantec endpoint as a firewall IPS with defender .
About the account you are using on windows make sure you run emails / work on a SUA not an admin one.

Everything else is on you from backup to checking certificates.
Thanks

• Applause

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.