Sysinternals apps can now auto-update via the Microsoft Store

The_King

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
Microsoft added their Sysinternals Suite to the Microsoft Store, allowing the popular Sysinternals utilities to be updated automatically as new versions are released.

Sysinternals offers a wide variety of advanced system utilities that let you perform administrative tasks in Windows or get detailed information about the internal functions and processes of the operating system.

Some of the well-known Sysinternals utilities include:
  • Process Explorer - A graphical utility that allows you to see what processes are running on a computer, what DLLs they have loaded, and more.
  • Process Monitor - View file system, Registry, process, and thread activity in real time.
  • Sysmon - Monitors system activity for various behavior and activity, which is then logged to the Windows Event Log.
  • PSExec - Allows you to execute commands on remote systems.
Sysinternals' utilities can be downloaded as an all-in-one package called Sysinternals Suite, or individually from their website or the live.sysinternals.com - / site.
Sysinternals Suite now auto-updated

The Sysinternals utilities are updated often, but none offer a built-in automatic update feature, forcing users to manually download new versions as they are released.

Starting this week, Microsoft now offers the Sysinternals Suite in the Microsoft Store on Windows 10 and Windows 11, allowing the utilities to be automatically updated as new versions are released.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
As expected, it's possible to install only the full 'Sysinternals Suite' but that are a lot of tools, so I will continue using portable versions of my 3 favorite tools...
Same here. It also installs a lot of other tools that I don't need. An option to choose what I want and not would've been better. So I'll also keep using the portable versions. Also experiencing a supposedly fixed bug on Autoruns on the MS Store version that's not present anymore in the portable version.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.