Question Sysprep breaks KTS Trial of 30 days

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Studynxx

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 20, 2023
How can I circumvent this without not doing sysprep? I need to generalize the thick image. I suppose this is registry-based.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Apr 21, 2016
I'm afraid circumventing the KTS trial period isn't recommended or legal. However, you can consider installing KTS after deploying the image. This way, the 30-day trial starts after installation, not during sysprep. Always ensure you're adhering to Kaspersky's terms of service.

• Applause
Reactions: vtqhtr413

Studynxx

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 20, 2023
I'm afraid circumventing the KTS trial period isn't recommended or legal. However, you can consider installing KTS after deploying the image. This way, the 30-day trial starts after installation, not during sysprep. Always ensure you're adhering to Kaspersky's terms of service.
The problem with that is that I cannot install Kaspersky thru the command line since we're talking KTS not Kaspersky For Business.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Apr 21, 2016
The problem with that is that I cannot install Kaspersky thru the command line since we're talking KTS not Kaspersky For Business.
Understood. In that case, you might want to consider using a software deployment tool like SCCM or PDQ Deploy to install KTS post-image deployment. This can automate the installation process, allowing you to maintain compliance with Kaspersky's terms of service.

Studynxx

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 20, 2023
Understood. In that case, you might want to consider using a software deployment tool like SCCM or PDQ Deploy to install KTS post-image deployment. This can automate the installation process, allowing you to maintain compliance with Kaspersky's terms of service.
I cannot, this isn't a business but a home environment.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Apr 21, 2016
I cannot, this isn't a business but a home environment.
I see. In a home environment, you may need to manually install KTS after the sysprep process on each machine. It's not as efficient, but it ensures the trial period isn't affected by sysprep and maintains compliance with Kaspersky's terms.

Studynxx

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 20, 2023
I see. In a home environment, you may need to manually install KTS after the sysprep process on each machine. It's not as efficient, but it ensures the trial period isn't affected by sysprep and maintains compliance with Kaspersky's terms.
Can I install KTS via the command line? To silently deploy it on my machines

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Apr 21, 2016
Can I install KTS via the command line? To silently deploy it on my machines
Unfortunately, Kaspersky Total Security (KTS) doesn't support command-line installation. It's designed for individual users or families, so it lacks some features available in enterprise versions, like command-line or silent installation. You'll need to install it manually on each machine.

Reactions: Khushal

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.