Battle System mechanic VS Kerish doctor 2019

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
I do not know why you want to, but I'll tell you.
system mechanic. When I used it it was heavy and I think it still is.
Kerish doctor. I have it installed because there was a promotion is a set of tools such as defragmenter etc etc.
I would not buy any. There are free solutions that do the same.

But if you're willing to buy my vote it's for Kerish doctor.

KerishDoctor_2019-05-11_00-33-14.png

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
I have never used System Mechanic and never will. I have been using Kerish Doctor for a couple of years now and never had any issues with it. It's priced reasonably ($9.99/year) and it is in active development (updated constantly). I think you should give KD a try and see for yourself.

ahmed 12

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 19, 2016
I see I thought that Iolo is well known company and it provide good product I see that they striped all good features in system mechanic but still has real-time CPU optimization and ramjet features I tried Kerish doctor the major issue that I faced with it is that it sometimes doesn't start with windows at login system mechanic is light on windows but it doesn't has so much features.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Kerish Doctor is much better. System Mechanic is not very good. There are number of issues I have with it, which I will detail below.

Some features have been removed in recent releases.

Iolo use very misleading marketing to advertise it. On their website they state "Finds and fixes over 30,000 different problems using intelligent live updates from iolo Labs™ to keep your PC stable and error-free." While this certainly sounds impressive, as far as I can tell, this is just its database of startup entries and services, which is uses to provide recommendations of what to disable. It can't actually fix any specific problems.

When a new version is about to released, I usually get lots of emails from Iolo telling me how wonderful the new version is and how much better it is at speeding up computers than the current version. The reality is, that new versions typically only bring very minor improvements.

If you have an active subscription to SM, you often get emails which imply that you need to add time to your subscription to be able to upgrade to the new version. This is not true, as all updates are free when you have a subscription. If you read the the end of the email, you will see that you don't need to add time to your subscription. But the email titles and the wording at the start of the email, makes it appear that you have to pay to upgrade.

In my opinion, the only feature of System Mechanic that stands out is its Program Accelerator. It can decrease program launch times if you have a hard drive.

On the other hand Kerish Doctor works very wells and the upcoming v4.75 will add some useful new features. It's worth nothing, that unlike most cleanup tools, the registry cleaner in Kerish Doctor is safe to use, as it shouldn't ever delete any valid registry keys. The registry cleaner in System Mechanic is safe too. But, I would recommend avoiding System Mechanic for the reasons I listed above.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Kerish Doctor is much better. System Mechanic is not very good. There are number of issues I have with it, which I will detail below.

Some features have been removed in recent releases.

Iolo use very misleading marketing to advertise it. On their website they state "Finds and fixes over 30,000 different problems using intelligent live updates from iolo Labs™ to keep your PC stable and error-free." While this certainly sounds impressive, as far as I can tell, this is just its database of startup entries and services, which is uses to provide recommendations of what to disable. It can't actually fix any specific problems.

When a new version is about to released, I usually get lots of emails from Iolo telling me how wonderful the new version is and how much better it is at speeding up computers than the current version. The reality is, that new versions typically only bring very minor improvements.

If you have an active subscription to SM, you often get emails which imply that you need to add time to your subscription to be able to upgrade to the new version. This is not true, as all updates are free when you have a subscription. If you read the the end of the email, you will see that you don't need to add time to your subscription. But the email titles and the wording at the start of the email, makes it appear that you have to pay to upgrade.

In my opinion, the only feature of System Mechanic that stands out is its Program Accelerator. It can decrease program launch times if you have a hard drive.

On the other hand Kerish Doctor works very wells and the upcoming v4.75 will add some useful new features. It's worth nothing, that unlike most cleanup tools, the registry cleaner in Kerish Doctor is safe to use, as it shouldn't ever delete any valid registry keys. The registry cleaner in System Mechanic is safe too. But, I would recommend avoiding System Mechanic for the reasons I listed above.

Very detailed. Ashampoo WinOptimizer offers the same feature as the "Program Accelerator". I used Ashampoo in the past and never had any issues with it. Anyway I am sticking with KD.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Very detailed. Ashampoo WinOptimizer offers the same feature as the "Program Accelerator".
They both can change the priority of running processes to boost performance. But the Program Accelerator in System Mechanic changes the placement of files on a hard drive to speed up a program's launch times.

ahmed 12

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 19, 2016
I use perfectdisk pro for HDD and SSD optimization do you thin that perfectdisk is good or there is something better? and, which one is better Ashampoo winoptimizer or Kerish doctor?

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I use perfectdisk pro for HDD and SSD optimization do you thin that perfectdisk is good or there is something better? and, which one is better Ashampoo winoptimizer or Kerish doctor?
PerfectDisk is good. You don't really need to optimise a SSD, but it won't harm it (despite what some people will say). If you bought it and are happy with it, there's no need to switch to anything else.

I prefer Kerish Doctor to WinOptimizer. WinOptimizer is safe to use, but has never impressed me. Even the new v17 released a few days ago, is unremarkable in my opinion.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
are you able to elaborate this a bit ? also, while using Kerish Doctor, is the real time mode safe to use ? Thanks.
In terms of features in WinOptimizer, in my opinion, nothing really stands out.

The real time mode in Kerish Doctor safe to use and does some monitoring and fixing of issues with your system when they happen. Fox example, several years some cleaning software, started deleting file in the System32 folder. Kerish alerted to me this and was able to restore some of the deleted files.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
In terms of features in WinOptimizer, in my opinion, nothing really stands out.

The real time mode in Kerish Doctor safe to use and does some monitoring and fixing of issues with your system when they happen. Fox example, several years some cleaning software, started deleting file in the System32 folder. Kerish alerted to me this and was able to restore some of the deleted files.
Do you remember the name of that cleaning software? And did they eventually fixed that issue?

Reactions: Divine_Barakah

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.