System Security 2012, Back Up Before Writing Zeros

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddiegnz1

Thread author
Nov 9, 2011
I'm on my laptop because I'm afraid to turn on my desktop. The desktop now has a virus (or trojan) called "System Security 2012".

1. Is there a way for me to (through my laptop) burn removal software (or any other antivirus software) onto a disc so that I don't have to use the internet on my infected desktop?

2. is there a way to salvage some of the files by somehow copying them before I write zeroes to the hard drive and reformat the whole thing.

Infected system is;
Windows XP
4Gb Ram
two HDD's at 360Gb each
1Ghz Core two duo Intel
Asus Mobo custom built

Kindest thanks !
Eddie

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Hello eddiegnz1

Please take a look at this announcement. We look forward to helping you remove the threats.

http://malwaretips.com/Announcement-Mandatory-scans-and-logs-before-we-start

eddiegnz1

Thread author
Nov 9, 2011
MrXidus said:
Hello eddiegnz1

Please take a look at this announcement. We look forward to helping you remove the threats.

http://malwaretips.com/Announcement-Mandatory-scans-and-logs-before-we-start
Thank you profusely MrXidus. I revised the guide only by adding one step as the first step, which was to run the Kaspersky rescue disc by booting from the CD-Rom drive. Then I imediately followed the step by step guide that you suggested. My computer seems perfectly fine now.

Now I need to plug my 2nd HDD back in and scan it the same way. And I still have not completed the very last step in the guide which is the registry fixer program. But I'll be doing that this week. At least my PC is now out of ICU.

MrXidus and the rest of you heros in this awesome website, thank you profusely. I can't believe how lucky I was to stumble upon this website.

malwaretips.com is awesome, I was considering paying BestBuy the $199 they strongly strongly pushed on me. But I simply don't have the money.

y'all saved me in bigger way than you know.

Eddie

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.