Advice Request System Xplorer will not set as default

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

melen1717

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 12, 2016
I have been using System Explorer for over 3 years with out any issues. When tried to set it as my default task manager it stated that I must run it as administrator. So I did so and then I got the pop-up stating: "Error write to registry. Start System Explorer with Administrator Rights". So I tried it again and still get the same pop-up. What should I do to solve this issue? I tried re-installing System Explorer and I still get the pop-up...How do I fix this?
Screenshot_3.png

Maxwell Sien

Level 2
Verified
Nov 15, 2016
I have been using System Explorer for over 3 years with out any issues. When tried to set it as my default task manager it stated that I must run it as administrator. So I did so and then I got the pop-up stating: "Error write to registry. Start System Explorer with Administrator Rights". So I tried it again and still get the same pop-up. What should I do to solve this issue? I tried re-installing System Explorer and I still get the pop-up...How do I fix this?View attachment 158175

Maybe you can try to disable Protection of AntiVirus first, before doing it again.

melen1717

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 12, 2016
Maybe you can try to disable Protection of AntiVirus first, before doing it again.
Thanks for the suggestion.... What I did was download the portable version. It doesn't write to the registry so when I set it as my default "Task Manager" it went just fine with no issues. Thanks for your appreciated advice....

Maxwell Sien

Level 2
Verified
Nov 15, 2016
Thanks for the suggestion.... What I did was download the portable version. It doesn't write to the registry so when I set it as my default "Task Manager" it went just fine with no issues. Thanks for your appreciated advice....

U're welcome..

Which Feature of System Explorer do you like?

melen1717

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 12, 2016
U're welcome..

Which Feature of System Explorer do you like?
Basically all but especially performance ...processes... history and connections. I find it more informative than the default Windows Task Manager. It's light on resources and free... I consider it the best of all the offered similar software you can find. Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.