2s9jymOt.jpg

personally i will remove Glary.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Looks good but i also suggest removing Glary Utilities and maybe add CCleaner and maybe Privazer. ;)

Thanks for sharing. :)

Reactions: JM Safe

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
IDK How KES10 perform, but sure it's a great option

my recomendation:

Add:
uBlock (adblocker)
Ccleaner

Remove:
Advanced System Care 8
Glary Utilities

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello szkola-zao, and thank you for sharing your cleanly balanced configuration.
If you choose to keep IObit's ASC 8 & Glary Utilities, do not run any functions which alter or 'clean' registy settings. I also agree with Rmg152's, frogboy's, & Umbra's, recommendations:
An addblocker is one of the core extensions for both security & privacy. As I've come to understand, uBlock & uBlock Origin are nearly identical with "Origin" helmed by the original developer & uBlock comprising his former team with each entity sharing good will all around. I use both, respectively, on different systems, but you can make your choice of either from here:
CCleaner is among my favorite free programs, it is safe enough to use after every browsing session, and is both efficient in clearing away accumulated "junk" files and preserves your privacy by removing tracking cookies too!
If you'd prefer using their portable version (extracted onto an external flash drive) find it near the bottom of the downloads page under "Builds".

A program that adds an additional layer of protection (specifically while browsing) is Sandboxie. This virtual sandbox, originally developed to address vulnerabilities in IE (hence it's name, Sandbox-ie) it's compatible with Firefox. Think of a sandbox as being a waterproof barrier similar to an effective rain coat. Any changes including cookies which attach to your system (like water) are kept only temporarily, and your browser, insulated from harm, can return to it's original state upon the sandbox's deletion which removes all. This is also why any update patches or changes you wish to remain must be performed outside of the sandbox.;)
Find further descriptions, reviews, and the free download here: http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?DownloadSandboxie

Privazer is more involved than CCleaner, and also very effective, which is another reason I've saved it (as I recommend you to adopt it in this order...) last. :):)
Edit: I'd nearly forgotten to mention an important off topic fact.:rolleyes: We used to have a kitty just like the wonderful feline you've displayed as your avatar, & her name was Itty-Bitty-Kitty!:p

Last edited:

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Hi, I personally agree with @frogboy and @Cats-4_Owners-2 , CCleaner, PrivaZer and some extensions to bloc ads are very important, for don't say fundamental, in addition you can add a second browser and Collusion extension( avalaible for firefox and chrome), which allows you to know which sites are tracking your traffic, and this is very important!
You can also install BitDefender 60 second virus scanner, which is quick and light.
And I suggest you to install also Piriform Speecy, to view the temperature, and all the hardware details of your PC.
Thanks for sharing ;)

Mustolaf

Level 1
Verified
Jul 25, 2015
Addition to everyones amazing suggestions, make sure to un-tick "Registry" before cleaning, if you are going to use PrivaZer. IMO cleaning registry can sometimes do more harm than good. I personally use CCleaner w/ CCEnhancer, it adds extra features to it .
As for Firefox, maybe look at Add-ons like HTTPS Everywhere, Adguard (alongside with uBlock /O), Disconnect, Self-destructing cookies, Random Agent Spoofer, or [Policeman or NoScript ( Some sites will not work properly until you have configured the addons.)]

A little tweak to enhance the privacy of you Firefox Browser
Code:
Preparation:

1 Enter "about:config" in the firefox address bar and press enter.
   2 Press the button "I'll be careful, I promise!"
   3 Follow the instructions below...

Getting started:

1 privacy.trackingprotection.enabled = true
        This is Mozilla’s new built in tracking protection.
   2 geo.enabled = false
        Disables geolocation.
   3 browser.safebrowsing.enabled = false
        Disable Google Safe Browsing and phishing protection. Security risk, but privacy improvement.
   4 browser.safebrowsing.malware.enabled = false
        Disable Google Safe Browsing malware checks. Security risk, but privacy improvement.
   5 dom.event.clipboardevents.enabled = false
        Disable that websites can get notifications if you copy, paste, or cut something from a web page, and it lets them know which part of the page had been selected.
   6 network.cookie.cookieBehavior = 1
        Disable cookies
        0 = accept all cookies by default
        1 = only accept from the originating site (block third party cookies)
        2 = block all cookies by default
   7 network.cookie.lifetimePolicy = 2
        cookies are deleted at the end of the session
        0 = Accept cookies normally
        1 = Prompt for each cookie
        2 = Accept for current session only
        3 = Accept for N days
   8 browser.cache.offline.enable = false
        Disables offline cache.
   9 browser.send_pings = false
        The attribute would be useful for letting websites track visitors’ clicks.
   10 webgl.disabled = true
        WebGL is a potential security risk.
   11 dom.battery.enabled = false
        Website owners can track the battery status of your device.

You can even Disable WebRTC if you want if you are using a VPN.
WebRTC is a new communication protocol that relies on JavaScript that can leak your actual IP address from behind your VPN.

How to disable WebRTC in Firefox?
In short: Set "media.peerconnection.enabled" to "false" in "about:config".

Explained:
  1. Enter "about:config" in the firefox address bar and press enter.
  2. Press the button "I'll be careful, I promise!"
  3. Search for "media.peerconnection.enabled"
  4. Double click the entry, the column "Value" should now be "false"
  5. Done.
If you want to make sure every single WebRTC related setting is really disabled change these settings:
  1. media.peerconnection.turn.disable = true
  2. media.peerconnection.use_document_iceservers = false
  3. media.peerconnection.video.enabled = false
  4. media.peerconnection.identity.timeout = 1
Now you can be 100% sure WebRTC is disabled.

Last edited:

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Addition to everyones amazing suggestions, make sure to un-tick "Registry" before cleaning, if you are going to use PrivaZer. IMO cleaning registry can sometimes do more harm than good. I personally use CCleaner w/ CCEnhancer, it adds extra features to it .
As for Firefox, maybe adding Add-ons like HTTPS Everywhere, Adguard (alongside with uBlock /O), Disconnect, or Self-destructing cookies.

A little tweak to enhance the privacy of you Firefox Browser
Code:
Preparation:

1 Enter "about:config" in the firefox address bar and press enter.
   2 Press the button "I'll be careful, I promise!"
   3 Follow the instructions below...

Getting started:

1 privacy.trackingprotection.enabled = true
        This is Mozilla’s new built in tracking protection.
   2 geo.enabled = false
        Disables geolocation.
   3 browser.safebrowsing.enabled = false
        Disable Google Safe Browsing and phishing protection. Security risk, but privacy improvement.
   4 browser.safebrowsing.malware.enabled = false
        Disable Google Safe Browsing malware checks. Security risk, but privacy improvement.
   5 dom.event.clipboardevents.enabled = false
        Disable that websites can get notifications if you copy, paste, or cut something from a web page, and it lets them know which part of the page had been selected.
   6 network.cookie.cookieBehavior = 1
        Disable cookies
        0 = accept all cookies by default
        1 = only accept from the originating site (block third party cookies)
        2 = block all cookies by default
   7 network.cookie.lifetimePolicy = 2
        cookies are deleted at the end of the session
        0 = Accept cookies normally
        1 = Prompt for each cookie
        2 = Accept for current session only
        3 = Accept for N days
   8 browser.cache.offline.enable = false
        Disables offline cache.
   9 browser.send_pings = false
        The attribute would be useful for letting websites track visitors’ clicks.
   10 webgl.disabled = true
        WebGL is a potential security risk.
   11 dom.battery.enabled = false
        Website owners can track the battery status of your device.
Good choices. ;)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Consider MBAM Free and a couple more on demand scanners
No need for both ASC & Glary utilities IMO CCleaner is more than enough.
Consider adding another browser and adding the extensions already suggested to FF
Good config! Thanks for sharing it :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
A backup browser may consider in case of issues occur due to browsing reasons.

Make a snapshot with Rollback RX Home or if you have enough budget then try their trial version of RX Professional, This program does not provide any issues that can cause unbootable OS for Windows 7.

Other than that, highly follow the other suggestions.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.