T3chnopsycho's security config

T3chnopsycho

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 11, 2015
Hello MalwareTips community,

Just recently had some infections (Never thought I would be so stupid but well everybody makes mistakes).

I stumbled upon this forum while trying to get rid of the istartsurf bullshit that is still left from the above mentioned infection. I also still have a problem with a reoccuring trojan and worm (Win32/Gamarue, Win32/Peals.A!plock, as defined by Windows defender) which is found again and again (even if I remove it via the security programs I have). So I'm also looking for ways to completely clean my computer. Guess I'll start by reading through some tutorials here and I'm free for any advice you can give me.

Something to my knowledge on PCs. I work as an application developer and have a fairly good understanding but I'm no system expert and I lack skills regarding security, system modification etc.

Apart from that I'm here to expand my knowledge regarding security of computer systems.

Cheers to all

T3chnopsycho

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Do you have UAC & Smartscreen enabled?
Consider one or two more on demand scanners
Definitely consider some type of back up solution
CCleaner or privazer if not already installed
Consider uBlock in place of ABD & HTTPS Everywhere in Chrome & FF
Consider adding Sandboxie to your config

D

Deleted member 178

As said above , follow the link given.

And yes if you had a backup of your system, then you would be fine and got rid of those malwares remnants.

Your system security is decent, but you still got infected, so clean your computer, and then we will help you to get a safer setup.

Reactions: Oxygen

T3chnopsycho

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 11, 2015
Do you have UAC & Smartscreen enabled?
Consider one or two more on demand scanners
Definitely consider some type of back up solution
CCleaner or privazer if not already installed
Consider uBlock in place of ABD & HTTPS Everywhere in Chrome & FF
Consider adding Sandboxie to your config

UAC yes Smartscreen no (haven't heard of that before).

Any suggestions for on demand scanners?

I'll look into back-up solutions when I resolved all issues (as some others here have recommended).

Actually wanted to install CCleaner yesterday but was then too occupied with some other stuff x) I'll look into privazer (didn't know it before).

I'll consider uBlock (I guess it works similar to Adblock) what are the advantages? Regarding the HTTPS. Is it possible to have that automatically for every website added or do I have to manually type it everytime I visit a site? normally I just type blablabla.com and press enter so it would add http by itself.

What is Sandboxie?

You may post your problem anytime on this link: http://malwaretips.com/forums/malware-removal-assistance.10/

If everything works well on cleaning then suggest to really implement backup; tools like Macrium Reflect or System Restore based snapshots Rollback RX.

CCleaner is pretty fine to clean your junks regularly.

I'll take a look at the link provided. Thank you :)

I'll definitely implement a backup. Are there also guides on this website regarding that? Otherwise I'll look at the suggestions you provided.

Yep I'll install CCleaner (actually asking myself why I haven't done that before).

As said above , follow the link given.

And yes if you had a backup of your system, then you would be fine and got rid of those malwares remnants.

Your system security is decent, but you still got infected, so clean your computer, and then we will help you to get a safer setup.

Guess you have to fall on your face once before you learn it x)

Thank you for the offer. I'll definitely come back to you on that.

Thanks for the replies @exterminator20, @jamescv7 and @Umbra :)

T3chnopsycho

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
As you are a Windows 8.1 user with OneDrive enabled, you could utilise it's Sync and Backup feature for your Documents, Photos and Music.

If you Log In with your Microsoft Account, you can drag'n'drop any file into OneDrive (in File Explorer) and it will be synced across all devices with OneDrive installed.

You also use Dropbox, which can be used to backup any documents. However, OneDrive does offer more online storage space. Most users have 15-GB-30GB of Free Online Storage.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.