Tachyon Internet Security

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
OK so this is very weird.

I got this program automatically installed on my computer without my consent. It looks like a fake antivirus utility. LOL how great.

Tried to remove it using malwarebits or zemana, failed. I cant even delete the program folder, it says I need admin rights. When I try to give admin rights, the same Tachyon denies access WTF. If I try to uninstall it through control panel, some random popups with chinese or korean characters. WTF?

This is an absolute malware. Tachyon is a virus, please help me remove it. I dont want it in my computer they entered my PC without my consent, this is very frustrating. I am using Windows 8.1
Stop spreading stuff lyk this man!
I see regularly Tachyon IS is submitted to Virus bulletin (VB) for testing purposes.

P

Pkjfkknm

I got this program automatically installed on my computer without my consent. It looks like a fake antivirus utility. LOL how great.

Tried to remove it using malwarebits or zemana, failed. I cant even delete the program folder, it says I need admin rights. When I try to give admin rights, the same Tachyon denies access WTF. If I try to uninstall it through control panel, some random popups with chinese or korean characters. WTF?

This is an absolute malware. Tachyon is a virus, please help me remove it. I dont want it in my computer they entered my PC without my consent, this is very frustrating. I am using Windows 8.1

do not pay any attention to @Mahesh Sudula

be cautios get help like this I cant uninstal a program that appeared without my consent

P

Pkjfkknm

It is a legitimate antivirus and I've already explained how to uninstall it.

how you know when you not see what is installed on system ?
when the question of infection is raised here only malware removal expert qualified to answer

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
how you know when you not see what is installed on system ?
Because I have used multiple versions of it on various computers.
when the question of infection is raised here only malware removal expert qualified to answer
As I've explained (but you don't seem to understand), this is a legitimate antivirus and is not malware or an infection. As I've already mentioned it can come bundled with other software. I have seen it bundled with 3DP Chip in the past and not doubt that is not the only software it can come bundled with. As I've also explained it can be uninstalled with it's included uninstaller. After doing that, it will be gone.

P

Pkjfkknm

Because I have used multiple versions of it on various computers.

As I've explained (but you don't seem to understand), this is a legitimate antivirus and is not malware or an infection. As I've already mentioned it can come bundled with other software. I have seen it bundled with 3DP Chip in the past and not doubt that is not the only software it can come bundled with. As I've also explained it can be uninstalled with it's included uninstaller. After doing that, it will be gone.

how you know what is installed on OP system ?
you do not know
only qualified malware removal expert can say

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
how you know what is installed on OP system ?
you do not know
OP's post was specifically about Tachyon Internet Security and that is what I have posted about. Clearly, you have never even used it, so you are trying to make this out to be more than it is, for some reason.

Reactions: Behold Eck
P

Pkjfkknm

@Tachyon is a virus You can uninstall it using Add or remove programs. You can use Google Translate app on a smart phone to translate the Korean text to English.

This is not a virus or malware. I have once seen it bundled with other software and I presume that is where you got it from. But this doesn't make it a virus. For example, Avast, Chrome and Opera, often come bundled with other software too

person posted describes as "It looks like a fake antivirus utility.

This is an absolute malware."

can be malwares
only qualified malware removal expert can say after inspection

program install against user desires
like here I cant uninstal a program that appeared without my consent

what i say is right

not any person place to insist such situation is safe without seeing system

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
person posted describes as "It looks like a fake antivirus utility.

This is an absolute malware."

can be malwares
It is not malware. It is legitimate antivirus software. There are even threads about it here and it one of the malware scanners used at VirusTotal. If you choose to believe otherwise, or are just a troll, then so be it. I guess your ridiculous posts, are somewhat entertaining.

Reactions: Nevi and Venustus

LahiruRajinda

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
how can you know with not see system ?
you do not know
so if you say safe and it turns out to be malwares you are responsible

i make valid points
you are angry because they are correct
so call me troll
what i say is not troll it is correct
This is going off-topic and irrelevant to the original post.
If you need assistance with malware removal, please post on the relevant section.

shalissar

Aug 3, 2019
uninstalled it using its korean uninstaller. it installed itself again at next reboot. i haven't downloaded anything in the past 72 hours. it installed itself as i was playing ffxiv.

P

Pkjfkknm

uninstalled it using its korean uninstaller. it installed itself again at next reboot. i haven't downloaded anything in the past 72 hours. it installed itself as i was playing ffxiv.

malware behaviors
could be malware
could be rude software
rate as unwanted

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
You may have selected the wrong option in the uninstaller. I will install and uninstall it now and post the correct uninstall instructions, so it will be removed permanently.

Last edited:
Reactions: Venustus

buddha

Aug 2, 2019

hi, tachyon antivirus, is a package of cloudnet virus. the problem is not the tachyon antivirus itself. the problem is cloudnet virus which is causing the pc to install third party software like tachyon antivirus in this example to install third party software with out the users consent. any software that installs random ##### with out the users consent is a malware. as long as there is cloudnet virus on the pc then no matter how many times you unistall the tachyon antivirus it will install again on next reboot. to remove this problem completely. do the following steps. so you can completely get rid of the cloudnet virus which is causing the pc to install other third party softwares with out the user consent.
following this steps in sequence :
1) step 1 : open taskmanager in windows by pressing ctrl + shift + esc
2) step 2 : go to startup section in the taskmanager, then in the startup section find the tachyon antivirus program and right click on it, after the right click you can find the context menu in which there is a option to disable it. by disabling this option the program doesn't start during pc boot.
3)step 3 : go to processes section of the taskmanager, then in the processes section there is a subsection in which all the background processes are listed, in the background processes, search for the cloudnet(32bit), after finding this then select the cloudnet(32) and right click on it to open the context menu, in the context menu there is a option called " open file location ". press this option so it will open the cloudnet(32) location. then you can find the cloudnet(32) file. while opening this folder, then go to taskmanager, once again right click the cloudnet(32) to open context menu, in the context menu, click the " end task " option to kill the cloudnet(32) process. after killing the cloudnet(32) process, now go to the previously opened cloudnet(32) file location and delete it permanently.
4) step 4 : now open tachyon antivirus and turn off its real time protection
5) step 5 : once again go to the processes section of the taskmanager, and end all the tasks related to tachyon antivirus program,
6) step 6 : once you done all the above 4 steps in sequence, then you are ready to go, now open your pc control panel, and search for program unistallation section, then go to tachyon antivirus and remove it normally. it will not install again on next boot because we removed the main virus called cloudnet(32) which is causing the host pc to install third party software with out the user consent.
hope this helps.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
@shalissar I just installed it and the uninstaller was in English. It seems that you may have the Korean language version installed. Your best bet, would be to use Google Translate to translate the Korean text in the uninstaller to English, so you can see what the options are.

It can be hard to uninstall foreign language security software, due to not being able to read the text. But, with the help of Google Translate, it is usually easy to uninstall such software. Unfortunately, I don't have access to the Korean installer, so am an unable to try it myself and let you know what steps you have to take to uninstall it.

P

Pkjfkknm

even malware removal expert say chinese install monster
at least rude software
at worse malwares

Wraith

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018
Wow geez...so many new members commenting on this post...making me feel kinda suspicious about them.
Anyways back to the original topic. Tachyon is a legitimate antivirus software. However it may so happen that you may have encountered a rogue AV that has the same name. I remember when Microsoft security essentials was first released, there was also a rogue AV named MSE. It confused so many people. :(

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.