Malware on my host PC - No Network or File isolation
Real-time Web & Malware Protection
Windows Defender Firewall & UltraDNS Threat Protection
Security Protection settings
Custom - Major changes for Increased Security
Virus and Malware Removal Tools
Random (CureIt/FRST/EEK/KVRT/NPE)
Browsers and Extensions
Yandex Browser & AdBlocker for Youtube/Cookie AutoDelete/Context Menu Search/Decentraleyes/Dictionary Lookup/h264ify/IDN Safe/Netcraft/Poper Blocker/uBlock Origin (no AD blocking, just Annoyances/Privacy/WebRTC)
Web Privacy
Ipredator.se via browser's dnscrypt & browser extensions listed above
Password Management
Keepass (offline)
Default Web Search
DuckDuckGo (Uncensored)
System Utilities collection
Autoruns, Disc Cleanup, Driver Easy, Driver Store Explorer, Geek Uninstaller, Process Hacker Nightly, Windows Repair Toolbox, Wise Disk Cleaner, Wise Registry Cleaner
Data Backup
Copy/Paste
Frequency of Data backups
Weekly
System Backup
None
Frequency of System backups
None
Device Specs
http://steamcommunity.com/id/tairikuokami

TairikuOkami

Level 18
Content Creator
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Default-Deny
Plus my Windows Tweaks applied, which cripple Windows (sort of), but increase security, to sum it up:

I can not use smartscreen, it blocks my files and no system backups either, not that I ever needed any.
I can restore Windows within 1 hour if needed, besides I reinstall Windows every 6 months anyway.

Windows Defender Firewall is set to block inbound/outbound, no Windows processes are allowed.
Removed SearchUI.exe & Powershell. UAC with a password. "ValidateAdminCodeSignatures" is ON.
Disabled IPv6, WMI, WSH, almost all services & tasks, all Windows features, except NET Framework.

Yandex browser uses weak Sophos URL filtering and scans downloaded files via Kaspersky.
I turn off PC with Wise Cleaners + tweaks, to remove startup entries and restore my settings.
I have denied access to SYSTEM and set Users permissions to read only on a backup partition.

Since 1803, it is no longer possible to uninstall network protocols, MS said: Because we say so ... .
So I have disabled their drivers, plus a few drivers related to remote management/sharing, thanks MS.
I have Server/Workstation disabled, that should take care of the "Client for Microsoft Network" & "File and Printer Sharing".

I have 2 short-stroked HDDs to improve their performance by ~30%. SSD is just a waste of money, it does not improve performance (no FPS gain in games), just loading times, there is not a single test proving otherwise. Better to buy more RAM and disable pagefile to force games to load to RAM.

Mom's laptop: The same setup, but Windows Tweaks Light, FortiClient (Family WebFiltering enabled), WinFirewall Inbound ON, WinUpdates ON.

Please do not recommend following products:
Avast, AVG - causes BSOD, telemetry.
Avira, Windows Defender - hardware killers.
Panda Dome - slows down and kills wireless internet.
Comodo, IoBit, Malwarebytes, Zemana - untrusthworthy.
KFA is a junkware with telemetry, KSC is picky about users.
CrowdStrike, ESET, Symantec - they $$$ test labs to score well.

Attachments

Last edited:

TairikuOkami

Level 18
Content Creator
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Default-Deny
What is the secret of your config?
My tweaks, not sure if it allowed to post it here, link to pastebin is on my profile. I turn off computer with CCleaner (to clean temps/caches, which might contain something) + my tweaks, which remove all startup entries (plus a few more things) and restore all settings, if changed by Windows or anything nasty.

Deletedmessiah

Level 21
Verified
OS
Windows 8.1
Primary, but I have not been infected for years, so it is working for me. But I would not recommend it to others, obviously. ;)
Even if you're an advanced user, you should atleast enable built in Windows Defender, Windows Firewall and smartscreen. These are efficient and doesn't impact the performance much. They probably did in the past because of bugs but I've read most Windows 10 bugs are fixed by now.

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Emsisoft
My tweaks, not sure if it allowed to post it here, link to pastebin is on my profile. I turn off computer with CCleaner (to clean temps/caches, which might contain something) + my tweaks, which remove all startup entries (plus a few more things) and restore all settings, if changed by Windows or anything nasty.
Making registry hacks doesn't guarantee a reliable protection system to your OS. Because with this config you are not secure on all layers. On Windows 10 I would at least enable WD and as I said also Zemana or VoodooShield (avalaible also in freeware version) or maybe you can use Shadow Defender for a ghost session.