Take caution! VoodooShield and WinRAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

reboot

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2017
So "vulnerability by design" it is. WAR suffered a similar fate.

That seems like a good reason to get the Pro version so one can change the settings. :)

For the record... I like Dan and VS. I purchased the Pro version sometime back. I can accept the flaw because Dan demonstrates that he is dedicated to constantly improving the program.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

So "vulnerability by design" it is. WAR suffered a similar fate.

That seems like a good reason to get the Pro version so one can change the settings. :)

For the record... I like Dan and VS. I purchased the Pro version sometime back. I can accept the flaw because Dan demonstrates that he is dedicated to constantly improving the program.

Disabling the child inheritance was the first thing i did after installing VS ^^ i guess he did it to reduce alerts for Average users, which are the target market of VS.

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
Hello, I have news for you. I tested with the 3.51 version and the programs is still allowed. Can you please report this to Dan? I can't post on the other forum. In the first case I tried to run the EXE file out of the archive---- BLOCKED

blocked.PNG

In the second case, i created a .rar archive, and executed the file direcly inside the archive----MISS
stillaproblem.PNG stillaproblem2.PNG

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
W

Wave

Thank you. I'm still wondering why they aren't approving my posts...
It's just because you're a new member and the staff members are most likely just busy, imagine all the posts they have to approve daily... It takes time. If you wait and are patient then they will get round to it, and eventually you won't require moderation for posting anymore.

W

Wave

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.