New Update TaskBarXI updates

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
TaskBarXI is in development and nearing an M$ Store release. It runs a little glitchy on my machine. Was unable to open GUI.
GitHub - ChrisAnd1998/TaskbarXI: An application written in C++ to modify the Windows 11 Taskbar.
v.1.0.4.0 ** This version will be updated continuously**
An application written in C++ to modify the Windows 11 Taskbar. Current version turns the Windows 11 Taskbar into a dock. New features will be added in the future.

Features (Release 1.0.3)

• Turn the Windows 11 Taskbar into a dock.
  • Turn the tray/clock into a dock.
  • Support multiple monitors.
  • Support sepperate DPI scaling.
  • Switch back to normal on maximized window.
  • Support left and centered taskbar.
  • Tray icon to exit TaskbarXI and revert to the default taskbar.
  • Simple GUI to change the settings.
Upcoming Features
  • Change taskbar background style and color.
Parameters
With 1.0.3 release all Parameters can be changed with GUI

If you still want to change properties with console, here are Parameters:

• -stop parameter (Stops TaskbarXI and reverts the taskbar to default)
  • -restart parameter (Does not refresh the taskbar region when starting)
  • -square parameter (Uses square corners instead of rounded corners)
  • -radius <radius> parameter (Define the corner radius you want to be used)
  • -ignoremax parameter (Does not revert the taskbar on maximized window)
  • -notray parameter (Disables system tray icon)
  • -hidetraywnd parameter (Hides the system tray area)
  • -createstartup parameter (Creates a startup entry including the current parameters)
  • -removestartup parameter (Removes startup entry and exits TaskbarXI)
  • -console parameter (Displays a console window)
  • -sticky parameter (Sticks the system tray to the taskbar (removes the tray icons to keep it stable))
  • -help parameter (Displays a help window)
  • -smoothresize parameter (Resizes the taskbar smoothly)
  • -expandspeed <speed> parameter (Define the speed you want to be used for the expand animation (default: 90))
  • -shrinkspeed <speed> parameter (Define the speed you want to be used for the shrink animation (default: 700))
  • -blur parameter (Makes the taskbar blurred) <-- EXPERIMENTAL
CMD Example: "TaskbarXI.exe" -ignoremax -expandspeed 100 -square

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I got this to test and really like it! Does it stay after reboot or must be run at startup?
I believe it persists on reboot. I tried the .exe version and the Rainmeter skin. They were both a little wonky on my laptop. I'm not sure I like the dock, but the main thing is I wasn't able to access the GUI to re-size. Refinements are likely in the works.

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
@Tutman TaskbarXI is a little buggy on my machine. I can start it but there some issues:
  • Dock appears only on desktop
  • Only regular taskbar (not the dock) appears when accessed while in an app
  • Unable to make use of options as UI inaccessible due to error message "The code execution cannot proceed because mfc140u.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix the problem". Restarting TBXI = same result
  • I needed to manually create a scheduled task to auto start since I'm unable to create one via TaskbarXI UI
Otherwise, I like the dock and its rounded corners while I wait for dev to respond to issues and make improvements.

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
@Tutman TaskbarXI is a little buggy on my machine. I can start it but there some issues:
  • Dock appears only on desktop
  • Only regular taskbar (not the dock) appears when accessed while in an app
  • Unable to make use of options as UI inaccessible due to error message "The code execution cannot proceed because mfc140u.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix the problem". Restarting TBXI = same result
  • I needed to manually create a scheduled task to auto start since I'm unable to create one via TaskbarXI UI
Otherwise, I like the dock and its rounded corners while I wait for dev to respond to issues and make improvements.
Wow sorry to hear that! It runs fine and auto starts on mine. BUT i disabled and now using TranslucentTB instead. I prefer it being invisible.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.