Periodic malware scanners
Zemana AM portable
Emsisoft Emergency Kit
Hitman pro
norton power eraser
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Chrome (Kaspersky protection, IDM Integration Module,, LastPass, Momentum, search by image(by google), Netcraft)
Maintenance tools
Wisecare 365 Pro, Kerish Doctor and ccleaner (portable)
File and Photo backup
Beyond Compare using external portable hard drives
System recovery
Macrium Reflect
Computer specs
http://www.computersourcebd.com/dell/notebook/inspiron-n-5110-core-i5_498.html

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Good example of strong config! Thanks for sharing!

Nevertheless, I would like to suggest about UAC to the maximum but I do not know the utility of this when having CFW installed, of course depending on what customizacion Comodo has.

technology

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
Good example of strong config! Thanks for sharing!

Nevertheless, I would like to suggest about UAC to the maximum but I do not know the utility of this when having CFW installed, of course depending on what customizacion Comodo has.

Thaks for your reply :)
Setting UAC to MAXimum will not increase security but will slowdown performance.
you can check that from @cruelsister (vedio).

Reactions: oldschool

technology

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
I Was thinking to downgrade to Win7 , I love win10 and its fine and better in many terms but not beat win7 in performance ... and I miss that feeling and i can deal with and manage the lag of win 7 security.

what do you think guys ?

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I Was thinking to downgrade to Win7 , I love win10 and its fine and better in many terms but not beat win7 in performance ... and I miss that feeling and i can deal with and manage the lag of win 7 security.

what do you think guys ?
Not worth it.

What hardware do you use?

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Important: UAC set to always notify.

Default search engine: Startpage, uses Google as well.

Unchecky may have been compromised just to let you know, another link on the forum for this. I've uninstalled it just to be careful.

CCleaner I would keep now because an update in the program now lets you choose via tickbox if you wish for certain data to be extracted from you.

Chrome extensions:
- Netcraft (best extension out there for Phishing)
- Scriptsafe (Allow or block sites scripts, various fingerprinting methods, unwanted content, Google UTMs & more)
- Malwarebytes Browser Extension (block various threats, very much recommended after testing myself)
- Cookie Autodelete (you don't need this if you wish to stay logged into websites all the time)
With regards to HTTPS Everywhere, I find the extension to be redundant in 2018. Most websites not roll out HTTPS as standard.

The rest of the config looks very good. MCShield I used in the past, maybe another software that's not needed.

~LDogg

technology

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
Important: UAC set to always notify.

Default search engine: Startpage, uses Google as well.

Unchecky may have been compromised just to let you know, another link on the forum for this. I've uninstalled it just to be careful.

CCleaner I would keep now because an update in the program now lets you choose via tickbox if you wish for certain data to be extracted from you.

Chrome extensions:
- Netcraft (best extension out there for Phishing)
- Scriptsafe (Allow or block sites scripts, various fingerprinting methods, unwanted content, Google UTMs & more)
- Malwarebytes Browser Extension (block various threats, very much recommended after testing myself)
- Cookie Autodelete (you don't need this if you wish to stay logged into websites all the time)
With regards to HTTPS Everywhere, I find the extension to be redundant in 2018. Most websites not roll out HTTPS as standard.

The rest of the config looks very good. MCShield I used in the past, maybe another software that's not needed.

~LDogg
Thanks for your helpful reply
Regarding :
1-CCleaner I'm using its portable version since its problem if I have to use it .
2- HTTPS Everywhere: I forget to mention that I removed it from my config. you are right ;)
3- MCShield: im not using it on real time but (on-demand) , the only reason that keeping me still using it is" unhide items" option on infected USB.. its helpful and fast .
4- I always use chrome in incognito windows so no need for "Cookie Autodelete" if I wasn't wrong ?

really thanks for your reply and now I will try (Netcraft, Malwarebytes Browser Extension) as your recommended

Reactions: harlan4096

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Thanks for your helpful reply
Regarding :
1-CCleaner I'm using its portable version since its problem if I have to use it .
2- HTTPS Everywhere: I forget to mention that I removed it from my config. you are right ;)
3- MCShield: im not using it on real time but (on-demand) , the only reason that keeping me still using it is" unhide items" option on infected USB.. its helpful and fast .
4- I always use chrome in incognito windows so no need for "Cookie Autodelete" if I wasn't wrong ?

really thanks for your reply and now I will try (Netcraft, Malwarebytes Browser Extension) as your recommended
Thanks for the reply back. That could be the case. I use Cookie AutoDelete to take me out of sites when i close the tab, as others sometimes use the computer as well when they ask me. Plus I just dislike cookies. It's also good to use .lso cookies as well. aka Supercookies. Much like Betterprivacy used to.

~LDogg

Reactions: technology

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Update: (21-8-2018)

1- Windows 10 (1803) -----> Windows 7 SP1 (ULT.)
* Fresh Install of windows 7 Sp1 , Updated Windows , Cleanup and optimization.... What a Great Feeling :p

2- Added : Netcraft extension after trying it (THNX @LDogg )(y)
No worries. Glad I could help you out!

~LDogg

Reactions: Moonhorse

technology

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
update (9/11/2018):

Added:
- Kaspersky Free Antivirus to realtime protection.
- Norton power eraser to Virus and Malware Removal Tools.
- AdGuard App.
- Microsoft Office v.2019

Removed:
- OSArmor
- ublock origin
- https everywhere
- Microsoft Office v.2016

technology

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
Update/ 26-11-2018 :

Added:
+ Kaspersky Internet Security
+ Enabled all selection in Syshardner
+ O&O Defrag 22 Pro. ( re-added it since win7 defragmentation tool is not powerful and optimizing hard drive as win10 defragmentation tool )

Removed:
- Comodo FW ( My Fav. App but it always suffer from bugs, really it deserve better developers. this time with confirmed cmdagent delay bug)
- Kaspersky Free
- MCsheild

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Consider add Sandboxie to sandbox your browser for better security (just in case)...
Also take a look at Voodooshield, it's really worth it(there is free and pro version). It is a default deny program with virus total scan result of the file that it stops (really useful when your AV doesnt have a signature to stop an unknown malware).

technology

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
Consider add Sandboxie to sandbox your browser for better security (just in case)...
Also take a look at Voodooshield, it's really worth it(there is free and pro version). It is a default deny program with virus total scan result of the file that it stops (really useful when your AV doesnt have a signature to stop an unknown malware).
thnx for ur reply and advise ;), regarding voodoosheild i've used it before many times its v.good app and i like its developing process, but my point is it need to be online to do its job beside it takes a bit time to launch an app to check it before launch. so im tryng to make balance between performance and prevention.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.