Periodic malware scanners
Zemana AM portable
Emsisoft Emergency Kit
Hitman pro
norton power eraser
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Chrome (Kaspersky protection, IDM Integration Module,, LastPass, Momentum, search by image(by google), Netcraft)
Maintenance tools
Wisecare 365 Pro, Kerish Doctor and ccleaner (portable)
File and Photo backup
Beyond Compare using external portable hard drives
System recovery
Macrium Reflect
Computer specs
http://www.computersourcebd.com/dell/notebook/inspiron-n-5110-core-i5_498.html

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
it takes a bit time to launch an app to check it before launch. so im tryng to make balance between performance and prevention.
Yes i also had this issue but latest release is by far faster. VoodooAi detection speed is much improved according to the developer, and this slow down of the launching application is happenning when you try to launch a program the first 1-2 times. Then it's whitelisted if you click ''allow'' and next time it launches faster as it should be. Trust me i've contacted the developer about it and the problem seems to be solved (they changed a driver or something like this if i remember well), all back to normal.
Of course it would be nice if other users can verify this.
Voodooshield latest release (4.65) is working like a charm either with Eset Nod32 or Kaspersky Free (with exclusions to each program )

technology

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
Yes i also had this issue but latest release is by far faster. VoodooAi detection speed is much improved according to the developer, and this slow down of the launching application is happenning when you try to launch a program the first 1-2 times. Then it's whitelisted if you click ''allow'' and next time it launches faster as it should be. Trust me i've contacted the developer about it and the problem seems to be solved (they changed a driver or something like this if i remember well), all back to normal.
Of course it would be nice if other users can verify this.
Voodooshield latest release (4.65) is working like a charm either with Eset Nod32 or Kaspersky Free (with exclusions to each program )
Again thnx for sharing your in detail experience and ur concern, and I'll give it a try this weekend. ;)

technology

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
I was testing the new version of Voodoosheild as @MikeV Recommendation and as he said I found the new version faster than the old one(last version i test was 4.63) (y)

Minor Update 30/11/2018:
Added :
+Sandboxie with umbra configuration.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.