Advanced Plus Security Thales Linux (Debian Cinnamon) 2022

Last updated
Nov 10, 2022
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
Linux
OS version and support details
Debian 5.10.0-19-amd64
On-device encryption
Device sign-in security
    • Account password
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
Network firewall
Enabled
Real-time protection
Nope
Device firewall
Custom security settings
Incoming: Deny
Outgoing: Allow
Periodic malware scanners
Nope
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browsers and extensions
Firefox
No Extensions
Secure DNS
NextDNS
Desktop VPN
Nope
Password and passkey manager
KeepassXC
Maintenance tools
Bleachbit
File and photo backups
Cloud and External Drives
System recovery
System: Timeshift

No need to know the password of my email. I have 4 cloud backups and 2 external drives.

What if I lose my external backups, phone and my system can't be restored?
New system starts. I log in to one of my clouds and download the Keepass Database and Keyfile.
If I can log in then I can restore everything.

What if Keepass database is corrupted?
It has a chance because I use sync software to upload things to cloud.
That's why I upload my important stuff manually to Google Drive.
But I also have the password database in plaintext format inside a Veracrypt container.

So, I consider this as a very secure method

Someone tried to log in to my email and my email provider logs me out.
Almost no chance because my log in email address is different (and not shared) from my regular mail address.

Even if this happens and I lose every physical access to my Password database.
That's why I have 4 cloud access and "Password backup plan" scenario starts.

Not bulletproof but very secure.

I used it in the past and but I realized one program (e.g.: keepass) is better than two (veracrypt and spreadsheet viewer).
Also, phone has problem opening verycrypt containers. Cryptomator (paid on android) could be an option but I'm fine with Keepass.
I think Keepass with Keyfile is secure as Veracrypt.

Main email: random 40-50 char long passwords. No 2FA need because of different login mail.
Ways to prove it's me: Requires 2FA code only if I wanna change account settings

Is it Secure without 2FA?
Yes it is! :D

Extension?
No need because login details of non-important sites stored in my browser.
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
Feedback preference

Suggestions on the main improvements

Thales

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Forum Veteran
I always wanted to go back to Linux but my work required Windows. Now it is over and I can use my beautiful Linux Distro.

Garuda Linux
I can confirm Garuda Linux is the best Linux I've ever used. It just works. No need to say more :D


Screenshot from 2022-10-31 12-09-41.png
 
Last edited:

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Continue exploring the conversation.

Back
Top