App Review The battle of the antiviruses using the Bitdefender's engine !

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Maybe I might be alone with that opinion, but you should give M$ Defender a try, w/ Configure Defender by @AndyFul set to "high", if your internet connection is good, as M$ Defender takes most detections from the cloud, though I have seen it's BB in action, too.
Using it @ Windows 11, combined with Evorim Free Firewall. I found very few malwares which slipped trough, but were prevented calling out by the Firewall.
Very very seldom, I managed to get an AutoRun.
That said, I have been loading many signed malware and scriptors, most of the time, not a single one went trough (today and yesterday: 0).
You might add AppCheck AntiRansomware.

Runs very smooth w/ no delays, my startup time is 5.5s w/ the mentioned firewall. One note on Defender: It's buggy w/ the Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H!ml detection - cosmetic bug though. It blocks the download of the respective script file (it can even check inside a password-protected archive while downloading!), still asks for an action (delete or quarantine), although the file never arrived on the machine. However, the warning did solve itself after some time / reboot. Known bug according to my web research, not yet resolved.

EDIT:
Machine details as follows:
ASUS R558U
Intel i5-7200 U @ 2,5 GHz (7th gen.)
Nvidia Geforce 940 Mx GPU
8 GB RAM (no details available at the moment, stock config)
1 TB HDD + 128 GB SSD

Steam files are located @ D://

Opinions on that are very welcome, though maybe in another thread, as this one is on BD engine equipped AVs. Mods might want to move that thread part maybe.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Maybe I might be alone with that opinion, but you should give M$ Defender a try, w/ Configure Defender by @AndyFul set to "high", if your internet connection is good, as M$ Defender takes most detections from the cloud, though I have seen it's BB in action, too.
Using it @ Windows 11, combined with Evorim Free Firewall. I found very few malwares which slipped trough, but were prevented calling out by the Firewall.
Very very seldom, I managed to get an AutoRun.
That said, I have been loading many signed malware and scriptors, most of the time, not a single one went trough (today and yesterday: 0).
You might add AppCheck AntiRansomware.

Runs very smooth w/ no delays, my startup time is 5.5s w/ the mentioned firewall. One note on Defender: It's buggy w/ the Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H!ml detection - cosmetic bug though. It blocks the download of the respective script file (it can even check inside a password-protected archive while downloading!), still asks for an action (delete or quarantine), although the file never arrived on the machine. However, the warning did solve itself after some time / reboot. Known bug according to my web research, not yet resolved.

EDIT:
Machine details as follows:
ASUS R558U
Intel i5-7200 U @ 2,5 GHz (7th gen.)
Nvidia Geforce 940 Mx GPU
8 GB RAM (no details available at the moment, stock config)
1 TB HDD + 128 GB SSD

Steam files are located @ D://

Opinions on that are very welcome, though maybe in another thread, as this one is on BD engine equipped AVs. Mods might want to move that thread part maybe.
I was not really aware of Evorim, it says it runs with Win Firewall. No issues?? Appcheck gave me a BSOD the other day, (only one after 10 weeks running), and CheckMal support confirmed there's an issue they're looking at.

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
I was not really aware of Evorim, it says it runs with Win Firewall. No issues?? Appcheck gave me a BSOD the other day, (only one after 10 weeks running), and CheckMal support confirmed there's an issue they're looking at.
Evorim website even states it's compatible to other software firewalls. I confirm it didn't conflict w/ anything so far, however I had to allow multiple services to call out before F-Secure FreeDome VPN could start
1670666092838.png
I have seen Windows Firewall alerting once in a lifetime, note that Evorim will give you a lot alerts on fresh installation, as it does not trust all (?) processes by default (which is what I'd expect from a two-ways-firewall).

What version of AppCheck AR are you running (running free personal edition, 3.1.25.1 here), though completely default settings (not much alternative otherwise you pay for).
I have it on a older W10 machine and on a newer W11 laptop my mum purchased last year (Intel i7 / i5), both same config, w/ K7 Ultimate (non-MAT, Infiniti). Never experienced any issues?

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Evorim website even states it's compatible to other software firewalls. I confirm it didn't conflict w/ anything so far, however I had to allow multiple services to call out before F-Secure FreeDome VPN could start
I have seen Windows Firewall alerting once in a lifetime, note that Evorim will give you a lot alerts on fresh installation, as it does not trust all (?) processes by default (which is what I'd expect from a two-ways-firewall).

What version of AppCheck AR are you running (running free personal edition, 3.1.25.1 here), though completely default settings (not much alternative otherwise you pay for).
I have it on a older W10 machine and on a newer W11 laptop my mum purchased last year (Intel i7 / i5), both same config, w/ K7 Ultimate (non-MAT, Infiniti). Never experienced any issues?
AppCheck same version 3.1.25.1, this was my first & only hiccup with AppCheck and it occurred same day as it updated to this version. Support said:
"We are currently aware of the memory-related blue screen (BSoD) issue internally and are currently preparing a patched version. We apologize for any inconvenience caused."

I skimmed a few posts at Wilders re Evorim, (don't recall how timely they were) I picked up a negative vibe (??), so have not installed it.

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

Great comparative. I have noticed that the simple BitDefender TrafficLight extension works great again. So for people impressed by BitDefender's internet protection, DB TL is an extension worth to try (not the real deal, but one of the few bad URL protection extensions working great).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.