AV-TEST The best Windows antivirus software for business users (September - October 2021)

Disclaimer
  1. This test shows how an antivirus behaves with certain threats, in a specific environment and under certain conditions.
    We encourage you to compare these results with others and take informed decisions on what security products to use.
    Before buying an antivirus you should consider factors such as price, ease of use, compatibility, and support. Installing a free trial version allows an antivirus to be tested in everyday use before purchase.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
During September and October 2021 we continuously evaluated 18 endpoint protection products using settings as provided by the vendor. We always used the most current publicly-available version of all products for the testing. They were allowed to update themselves at any time and query their in-the-cloud services. We focused on realistic test scenarios and challenged the products against real-world threats. Products had to demonstrate their capabilities using all components and protection layers.
Test results:
Excel file:
https://www.av-test.org/fileadmin/Tests/Data/2021/avtest_summary_business_windows_2021-10.xlsx
Charts:
avtest_2021-10_business_win10_chart_en.pngavtest_2021-10_business_win10_table_en.png
Titles in the charts are incorrect... 😢
https://www.av-test.org/fileadmin/Tests/Charts/2021/avtest_charts_business_windows_2021-10.zip

Last edited:

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Whom would you favorably recommend based on your current testing experiences?
Noting that the protection afforded by any Business/Corporate security product is directly proportional to the ability of those administering it, I prefer Comodo Enterprise, Palo Alto and Symantec. Kaspersky is fine, but may be unacceptable for some.

But again, the single most important thing is to have competent (and well paid) people with a sufficient budget to run things properly. Without this in place things tend to go bad rather quickly.

Kiss

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 6, 2021
Noting that the protection afforded by any Business/Corporate security product is directly proportional to the ability of those administering it, I prefer Comodo Enterprise, Palo Alto and Symantec. Kaspersky is fine, but may be unacceptable for some.

But again, the single most important thing is to have competent (and well paid) people with a sufficient budget to run things properly. Without this in place things tend to go bad rather quickly.
Here in my country Comodo is considered a joke, a company without credibility, I remember back when this company sold certificates to criminals to attack big companies, they simply certified malware with trusted certificates (n)

Everyone should read it, I bet everyone will after that run away from this company: NÃO USE produtos da Comodo. Entenda os motivos.

Last edited:
Reactions: Faybert and upnorth

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
I'm always rather curious about AV-Test results. With them it seems everyone gets a medal, whereas whenever I test (in spite of being kind and gentle) very few do.
That is normal. You are a professional killer and they test how big are the chances to be killed when crossing the street.:)

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
Here in my country Comodo is considered a joke, a company without credibility, I remember back when this company sold certificates to criminals to attack big companies, they simply certified malware with trusted certificates (n)

Everyone should read it, I bet everyone will after that run away from this company: NÃO USE produtos da Comodo. Entenda os motivos.
Yet, it seems Comodo is not a joke. Remember a few months ago.......

“Fortunately, we had installed Comodo advanced endpoint protection (AEP) on two PCs as part of a trial and proof of concept for the customer – and the only two machines with zero infection were running Comodo,” said Andrew.

“That is the best endorsement for a security solution in a real world, side-side comparison against a live ransomware attack. If I hadn’t seen it, I would not have believed it”

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
... I remember back when this company sold certificates to criminals to attack big companies, they simply certified malware with trusted certificates (n)
That happened to all leading Certification Authorities, even Microsoft did certify malicious drivers a few times. Such cases cannot be taken seriously to decrease the credibility of Comodo.:(

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.