Well-known
Jun 7, 2022

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
I used to 'buy' mp3s from Emusic as I could actually download and keep the files, whereas some competing sites would only let me listen to them online. Which is a similar business method to what this covers, regarding movie 'buying'. My Luddite tendency comes to the fore when I get offered the chance to 'buy' something subject to rights management, licensing restrictions and changes etc...that end up with me owning nothing, even though I 'bought' it at one stage.
Scam, scam, scam...as Monty Python didn't sing.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Not only movies, but other entertainment since the rise of Subscription services.

Music: Apple Music, Spotify Premium, Tidal, YouTube Music Premium
Games: Apple Arcade, EA Play, PlayStation Plus Premium, Ubisoft+, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

All the perks are active and accessible unless:
  • paid membership expires
  • account is stolen or hacked
  • your account is terminated
The last one applies especially if you break the terms or a simple error in their system.

A while back; Your Digital Movies Will Not Last Forever, and Sony Just Proved It

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.