Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hey guys,
For the past few weeks we've been working on a new theme for MalwareTips. This theme will become the default site layout for 2017, so your feedback is very important to us.

1.jpg

You can choose this new style by using the Style Chooser | malwaretips.com and selecting MalwareTips BETA.

Let us know if you like this new layout, and of course if you see anything that should be fixed (make sure you include a screenshot).
Please do keep in mind that your suggestions may not be implemented, however they are appreciated.

Last edited:

Azertydv

Level 1
May 26, 2017
I love the new style but I have some suggestions :
- In my opinion, you should move the blue button somewhere in the green rectangle on all pages (it would make more sense).
Capture d’écran (35).png

- You should also change the logo on tips
Capture d’écran (36).png(older) Capture d’écran (37).png (newer) (thanks to paint ^^)
- And the last suggestion from me atm : you should reduce the dimensions of the poll, it's too big
Capture d’écran (38).png

Anyway great work !

Last edited:

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
In my opinion, you should move the blue button somewhere in the green rectangle on all pages (it would make more sense).
The button is meant to be used on all screens, while you have space on yours, on phones and tablets there is limited space, that's why we've moved into the main container. I've gotten used to it, and I don't even notice it anymore.
You should also change the logo on tips
Will be changed. Thanks for the feedback!
And the last suggestion from me atm : you should reduce the dimensions of the poll, it's too big
That's a full 10 options poll, so it's big by default, however I'll reduce some of the padding to make it more compact.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Great work and design! :)

I have a suggestion for new design (not MidNight one): black text in general inside spoilers and quotes (bold and standard) seem to look quite light, probably sometimes difficult to read:

Sin título.png

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Great work and design! :)

I have a suggestion for new design (not MidNight one): black text in general inside spoilers and quotes (bold and standard) seem to look quite light, probably sometimes difficult to read:

Hey @harlan4096,
It should look good now! Thanks for the suggestion!
1.jpg

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Newbie like me just put an attention those layouts/themes/logos etc... I have been using all the time the default what was when i registered, so MT 2.0. Im not had a pay an attention this, but now when i have a take a look other themes, i saw that as a old fox like me doesn't learn new tricks... all in all, YES dark is sooo much friendlier my old eyes, very nice. So, i switched all those and take a quick look, i make a note that, those navication things is different, and as i says it hard to shake down those (old fox me), but tha't my problem.
And i mean all those navicatinos, like members online now & new post and new profile post etc... in right side of theme/layout. All in same place in MT 2.0 & MT Dark 2.0. But i understand that its a very nice to try/make different opinions, so there are so much for every one here in MT to choise which is of course very nice :)

I have now using that theme MT 2.0 Dark, where all navigation are in same place :p
I give example pics:

MT 2.0 Dark => http://imgur.com/YNhum5y.png

And yes this in MT NIght Beta is little too big for me atleast => http://imgur.com/rb97IzZ.png

So here a nice one in that theme MT 1.0 dark that arrow Up & Down here's the pic => http://imgur.com/CBZVeF5.png.

But i know this my things are like spit in the headwind , hahaha!

Yes, i like that everyones have choise to pick what fit them,. Nice work on who has done this. Woah, what a long "spamming nonsense" here at me again, sorry! :eek:

BUT i must => http://imgur.com/yXNktKF.png @SHvFl hahahaha!

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Hi

The GUI just changed to a new format.

So recent posts combined into New Posts

Last edited:

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Rich Theme for a worthy Forum. Great work @Jack.
I guess we miss the scrolling widgets which used to float in the right bottom of the page. I would recommend you to bring it back so it will be convenient for mobile users.
Thankyou.:)

Reactions: frogboy

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
On my iphone 4 the site doenst work corectly and is loading slow on my s8+ and s6 and pc and laptop it works great!

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I guess we miss the scrolling widgets which used to float in the right bottom of the page. I would recommend you to bring it back so it will be convenient for mobile users.
That button is in the header (See image below). There are new floating buttons which will make it easier for users on mobile devices to reply.
1.png
On my iphone 4 the site does not work correctly
I have test it on an iPhone 5s and it works perfectly, however I'll try to see what's wrong on iPhone 4.

Hi

The GUI just changed to a new format.

So recent posts combined into New Posts
Hello,
That menu is now a "drop-down" menu, and you can find it under Forums (see image A). Alternatively, you can click on the last icon on the right in the breadcrumb (see image B).
A.

B.

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
I mostly like it but keep in mind I'm an old fart, so you'll want my opinion for those geezers lol.

1) Text is too small. I liked it before it seemed decent sized, now everything is smaller and seems more spaced apart. Maybe have an option where it's larger text.

2) The forums or channels (dunno what you call them) don't have a lot of info. I liked it before because I knew what they were. These new ones I can assume what they are but it's not as instantly recognizable.

Overall I like it but the spacing and text size are my biggest complaints. I know I can zoom in if need but but then I clip out the other stuff.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Overall I like it but the spacing and text size are my biggest complaints.
Hey,
Thanks for the feedback, I'll see what I can do about the font size and paddings! ; D
The forums or channels (dunno what you call them) don't have a lot of info. I liked it before because I knew what they were.
We've tried to make them more simple, what info do you want them to display? If you hover a forum, you can get a description for it.
1234.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.