The New MalwareTips Style (2017)

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hard to figure it out for new users. Well it would take some practice to become a habit. Thank you..:)
Yes, it's a little harder to see it but we need it the space for the new buttons. I'll try to make it red or green so that it would be more visible.
1213.png

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
This theme looks great on PC (tried on both Chrome & Edge), nothing to add. However on my Android phone (Opera) this looks a bit too stretched. By "stretched" I meant there is too much empty/filler space between each post and on top of the page itself it would great if that space is reduced a bit. It results in more scrolling required than usual. I attached a screenshot, please do excuse my bad doodling :p Also an alternative could be a compact theme. And it goes without saying that, we do appreciate all the hard work by all the staff members in making MT awesome :)

Attachments

• InkedScreenshot_2017-06-29-16-50-31-229_com.opera.browser_LI.jpg
    InkedScreenshot_2017-06-29-16-50-31-229_com.opera.browser_LI.jpg
    546.3 KB · Views: 412

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
The white background is bad, my eyes can not stand it, the topics are bad to see, with this light blue

Reactions: SHvFl

a1nn

Level 2
Verified
Jun 5, 2017
The administrator tag looks kind of bland in my opinion. I would suggest changing it to a brighter and more vibrant color. I also think that the higher level you get, the tag should change color instead of just staying grey.
HOf9QPG.png

Also, I don't really like the fact that when you arrive on a page, the threads don't appear yet on the page for me. You have to scroll down, and that's kind of confusing. What I think that you should do is
for forums with only 1 sub-forum, extend the card for that horizontally so that the threads appear on the page.
pfvlPhv.png

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Thank you Jack & the other staff members. The new style and design cannot be appreciated enough!
Allow me to share a few things I've experienced recently

ISSUES
  • There's some timestamp / last seen issue like this -
Screenshot (1809).png
  • Applying Italic to Bold text makes it look a little hazy (it might be due to the font style+Bold?)
Screenshot (1476).png
  • Slight glitch at times when scrolling up and down (more than 1 time) on the main page. A card on the RHS may go up a bit instead of going down, for example. The issue will be obvious on trying (tried on multiple browsers)
Draw014.png
  • Android: The menu hides beneath the corresponding profile post
Screenshot_2017-07-01-22-25-50-032_com.yandex.browser.png
  • Android: New notifications "toasts" are seen, however, the Notification Counter in top-left does not appear until the side-drawer is opened
  • Android: For new notifications, the orange "Stars" are not shown in the Notification panel

SOME SUGGESTIONS

• It will be nice to have a "go to the bottom" & a "search" button alongside the current "go to the top" button
  • I'd talked earlier about the possibility of a "Share option" alongside the Report/Like/Quote buttons of new threads. That will be helpful for members to be able to share news and interesting threads outside of MT!
  • The new logo is already discussed. Still, I've a point to add here: the two blue colors look almost similar when viewing from any angle other than a "straight view"... though the middle part looks brighter
  • A shade for the Spoiler buttons (like in the previous themes) so as to easily identify them in posts
  • The Thread Names in the "New Posts", "Recent replies"... cards on the main page are light in color and somewhat stressful. A darker color will feel easier on eyes
  • The new "Trending Now" card looks a little disorganized though I'm sure it will be polished soon, since it's just introduced ;)
  • The "Security" entry in the new Profile cards (shown to the left of a user's post) can have 1 more option making it intuitive. For example, "AV X + VDS" can be a possible selection instead of just "AV X" or "Default-deny". Some people select only an AV name even when using a default-deny together; while some state only default-deny (that doesn't give an idea of what AV suite he/she is using)
The latter may be too much, but thanks for reading :)

Last edited:

SaeedLohana

Level 2
Verified
May 28, 2017
i am unable to take it as a positive change, previous one was user friendly and awesome. This is too much and not even beautiful, things are just here and there without any proper design. Even the new posts button is at bottom now.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.