The New MalwareTips Style (2017)

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
Keep forgetting to post in this thread. But love the new look. Keep up the great work guys!

Reactions: Jack

oneeye

Level 4
Verified
Jul 14, 2014
Screenshot_20170810-215357.png
I really should get back here more often. There is lots to love, and you've done some great work here.

But, I experienced one issue with menu on HTC m9 Nougat 7.0

On any screen, I tap menu, but to close it, I needed to scroll the sliver of screen on the right, back to top, to tap menu button to close it. Tried sliding it away, nope, saw no other buttons like X to close it. Have run into this on multiple sections today. Disabled blocker and whitelist cookies. I'm on Firefox 55 for Android, updated today. I'll see if I can upload a screenshot.

oneeye

Level 4
Verified
Jul 14, 2014
View attachment 163076 I really should get back here more often. There is lots to love, and you've done some great work here.

But, I experienced one issue with menu on HTC m9 Nougat 7.0

On any screen, I tap menu, but to close it, I needed to scroll the sliver of screen on the right, back to top, to tap menu button to close it. Tried sliding it away, nope, saw no other buttons like X to close it. Have run into this on multiple sections today. Disabled blocker and whitelist cookies. I'm on Firefox 55 for Android, updated today. I'll see if I can upload a screenshot.

OK, I figured it out kind of. If I tap the sliver of screen I was on whether I open the menu from left, or my profile page on right, the menu moves back out of the way. And X to close ether one of the menu's, might be more intuitive. Or being able to slide them back, even better. Or both? Thanks

PS, love the dark themes, and the color highlights, very nice!

oneeye

Level 4
Verified
Jul 14, 2014
Hey guys,
For the past few weeks we've been working on a new theme for MalwareTips. This theme will become the default site layout for 2017, so your feedback is very important to us.

View attachment 157179

You can choose this new style by using the Style Chooser | malwaretips.com and selecting MalwareTips BETA.

Let us know if you like this new layout, and of course if you see anything that should be fixed (make sure you include a screenshot).
Please do keep in mind that your suggestions may not be implemented, however they are appreciated.

Jack,

This might be a dumb question, but where the heck is the site search function? I can't find one on any pages or menu's. It's driving me crazy not being able to search to see what's posted on any particular subjects.

Besides that, I love the new stuff, especially the dark themes. I appreciate all the work you and others put into making this a great forum.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Jack,

This might be a dumb question, but where the heck is the site search function? I can't find one on any pages or menu's. It's driving me crazy not being able to search to see what's posted on any particular subjects.
Hey,
There is a search bar in the top right part of the header. It should be on all pages.
1.jpg
Or alternatively you could use the sub-menu in the Forums tab, selecting "Search Forums". And this tab is also available on all pages.
2.jpg

Let me know if you have other questions.

oneeye

Level 4
Verified
Jul 14, 2014
Hey,
There is a search bar in the top right part of the header. It should be on all pages.
View attachment 172809
Or alternatively you could use the sub-menu in the Forums tab, selecting "Search Forums". And this tab is also available on all pages.
View attachment 172810

Let me know if you have other questions.

Thanks for responding quickly.
I did finally find search in the sub-menu. But on Android, the search bar is completely missing. See screenshots. I disabled Blokada before checking again, and search bar missing from all pages. I'm on HTC m9, Nougat 7.0, using Firefox stable, with uBlock Origin, self destructing cookies, and Https everywhere. I'll test this out on other browsers I have. I can live with clicking through to sub-menu but, this might be a Android problem on other phones & os. Edit, still same on Chrome, no extras running,only third party cookies blocked on all browser as my default setting.
Screenshot_20171110-235801.png
Screenshot_20171110-235855.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171110-235925.png
    Screenshot_20171110-235925.png
    163.4 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:
Reactions: XhenEd
D

Deleted member 65228

I did finally find search in the sub-menu. But on Android, the search bar is completely missing. See screenshots.
The search bar is available on the search page which can be linked to you under the alerts view ;)

If you click the 3 lines where you have the number 4 in the red circle (alerts count), you should find an option to search the forum there. Clicking on that will take you to the correct page with a search bar.

Reactions: XhenEd

oneeye

Level 4
Verified
Jul 14, 2014
The search bar is available on the search page which can be linked to you under the alerts view ;)

If you click the 3 lines where you have the number 4 in the red circle (alerts count), you should find an option to search the forum there. Clicking on that will take you to the correct page with a search bar.

Hi, and thanks, but I had already found that access. Jack shows a static search bar at the top of all pages on desktop/laptop. I was asking where or why not the same on mobile pages? But, apparently that's not an option at this time. I'll live with clicking through to sub-menu to search, but, it really should be more easily available, without "searching" for it in the first place. Know what I mean?

D

Deleted member 65228

Hi, and thanks, but I had already found that access. Jack shows a static search bar at the top of all pages on desktop/laptop. I was asking where or why not the same on mobile pages? But, apparently that's not an option at this time. I'll live with clicking through to sub-menu to search, but, it really should be more easily available, without "searching" for it in the first place. Know what I mean?
Yeah :) I don't think it is available on the mobile view, I don't have it either. I just go to the search page and use that one

Reactions: oneeye

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.