The new version of SpyShelter Free Anti-Keylogger with support for 64-bit Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NOLF92

I don't think the new version does that. They used to have a trial version that turned itself into the nightmare you are describing, but now they offer a bona fide free version with limited features.

Oh really? That's good news. Is anyone currently using SpyShelter with Comodo? If so, how compatible are they?

Reactions: Moose

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
aside from keystroke encryption, does spyshelter free version provide any significant protection for a x64 system?
EDIT: I am more interested in the HIPS and general system protection, not so much in the anti-logger.

Last edited:
Reactions: mal1

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@shmu26: Well likely same protection and benefits liike to x86; none I can see that will add unique preferences of HIPS, besides that will detect same behavior of keylogger.

Reactions: mal1

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
let's ignore the x86 or x64 factor. Really what I am asking is this: does the free edition help you any, or is it missing all the important features?
At first I was impressed by all the pop-ups, it seemed to be tracking everything that happened on the computer. But then I started wondering whether it was alerting about benign processes, and missing the nasties.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@shmu26: The effectiveness of HIPS for Spyshelter is varied, considering holds reference behavior for keylogger like only (access on camera and few others).

The true anti-keylogger encryption will be from Keyscrambler so go on the full blown HIPS that covers wide variety of behavior.

However I may be wrong at all, although that should be user preference.

A typical HIPS of Spyshelter should cover by casual user around. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.