Advice Request Spyshelter premium lots of conhost.exe in the log file

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

patrick85

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 13, 2022
Hello, I'm using spyshelter premium version 12.7. I'm also using Avast premium and other security tools on my system. I noticed lots of actions logged in spyshelter for conhost.exe process. This process is excluded from the system protection of spyshelter by default - more specifically it is allowed in rules for "modifying memory of other processes" option and for the rest of the options it is set to default. I see more than 100 allows for conhost.exe by spyshelter in a single day. Is this normal behaviour or should I be suspicious of some malware/rootkit/keylogger or other malicious software on my system? Attaching shelter-log.txt. Thank you.

Attachments

• shelterLogExample.PNG
    shelterLogExample.PNG
    368.1 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Hello, I'm using spyshelter premium version 12.7. I'm also using Avast premium and other security tools on my system. I noticed lots of actions logged in spyshelter for conhost.exe process. This process is excluded from the system protection of spyshelter by default - more specifically it is allowed in rules for "modifying memory of other processes" option and for the rest of the options it is set to default. I see more than 100 allows for conhost.exe by spyshelter in a single day. Is this normal behaviour or should I be suspicious of some malware/rootkit/keylogger or other malicious software on my system? Attaching shelter-log.txt. Thank you.
It's pretty normal to have multiple conhost.exe instances...If they are in system32 then I would say it's pretty safe.You could run a scan just to be sure with Malwarebytes.

Sysinternals Process Explorer is also a great tool and helps identify what's running and the threads within.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.